YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey when I took my carb off my intake port was black and you could wipe the residue off. Its not supposed to be like that is it?? Derrick at TTM thought it was a valve seet problem, anyone else have ideas. What do I have to do to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Valve seals possibly.... are you blowing smoke at all when you first start it up or even when you're riding?

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
your getting intake reversion. most likely caused by the intake valves not sealing properly.

are your clearances in spec? if they are then you may need a valve job and/or new valves

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ig I will check my valve clearances and see if they are in spec, If its a valve problem I will have to take the head off wont I

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like the valves ain't seating properly. You can't do a valve job with titanium valves you have to get new valves. The seats can be reground but the titanium valves can't be ground on cause they have a hard coating and if you grind through that they are done. Either that or your air filter isn't oiled enough or needs cleaned. Just things to check out.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (leveldrummer @ Feb 24 2009, 04:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750481
was the residue oily or powdery like carbon?[/b]
its powdery like carbon which means the intake vavles arent selling all the way. So I will have to take the head off and send it to somebody to get this fixed, this isnt something i can fix myself is it??

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a question, since my 4 wheeler isnt real old could it be possible that the black got there from when it was new since it takes a while for the valves to seet

·
Registered
103 Posts
They should have sealed right from the factory.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok thanks for the help ig I had better get this fixed before summer, its not fun when u have problems when its nice riding weather lol

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
If its not that old and you have been good with your air filter then its unlikely that the valves/seats are worn out.

how many hours would you say are on it, have you checked the valve clearances?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts