YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the last year ive been working on a bit of a different project ive taken my 04 yfz and have been turning it into an trike. thought I would share some progress pics, enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys there is a pretty good bunch of us that still really enjoy riding and racing three wheelers but don't enjoy trying to find parts for a 30 year old machine so that leads us to convert newer quads or dirt bikes over to three wheelers and they do make for some bad ass four stroke trikes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
thanks guys there is a pretty good bunch of us that still really enjoy riding and racing three wheelers but don't enjoy trying to find parts for a 30 year old machine so that leads us to convert newer quads or dirt bikes over to three wheelers and they do make for some bad ass four stroke trikes.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well she's almost done, she is ride and raceable. i put the graphics on today all thats left is to update the rear end with an 06 and up swinger and hardware. Unfortunitly at this time i can't figure out how to upload pics on my new mac computer soon as i figure it out i will upload them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
With the updated pictures, I retract my original statement I like it. That is a awesome looking trike. Does it handle like the old school trikes?

Did you change your radiator? If so what did you use? It looks a bit smaller.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The gas tank, radiators, shrouds, forks and front brakes are off a 06 yz 450. The front hub is a 86/87 200x, the front fender is off a 350x and the front axle is off a 250r. The front wheel and triples are custom made.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't really comment on handling yet as I on ran it in two 8 lap races last weekend on the ice but for not being lowered it did very well I know I'm going to like it. I will report back with handling if this winter ever goes away.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The graphics look great, Nice work

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.