YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a set of dwt ultimate billter center wheels on ebay right now. They are a good price but i am a little concerned about the billet center. Anyone know how these wheels hold up??I am a little concerned with the lack or material around the center where it bolts to the studs...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Good wheels. I run them too and im a big jumper and they are way thicker in the center than the regular beadlocks. You wont hurt them trust me.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Did I have a part in you wanting these wheels??? haha
Yea man, the billet center is thick as hell and you really wont have to worry about anything going wrong in there. They are structurally sound for sure. I run them hard and they hold up great.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (SpillDaThrill @ Feb 25 2009, 08:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750761
Did I have a part in you wanting these wheels??? haha
Yea man, the billet center is thick as hell and you really wont have to worry about anything going wrong in there. They are structurally sound for sure. I run them hard and they hold up great.[/b]

HAha. Actually no. When i first saw your quad i did not even notice you had them. Its funny b/c i even asked you if they were stock pc'ed fronts. But today i was doing a serach on google for the billet wheels and some pics of your quad came up and thats when i noticed you had them as well...

btw..do you know where i could get some rings for them??There is a set on ebay that are pc'ed black. I called my local pc guy and he said he could strip them for 15-20 a wheel. Then i hope to be able to polish them up again.

Do these wheels use tapered lug nuts?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
I know for a fact the fronts use tapered lug nuts, the rears I do not know for a fact, but I'm pretty sure they do.

As far as getting rings for them (I'm assuming you mean beadlock rings), you have to buy the Billet Center Beadlocks and not the Ultimate Billet Center's if you want to have rings. If you do get the beadlocks, you might be able to give Douglas a call and see if they would sell rings separate, otherwise, not sure where you would go for just rings.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (SpillDaThrill @ Feb 25 2009, 10:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750814
I know for a fact the fronts use tapered lug nuts, the rears I do not know for a fact, but I'm pretty sure they do.

As far as getting rings for them (I'm assuming you mean beadlock rings), you have to buy the Billet Center Beadlocks and not the Ultimate Billet Center's if you want to have rings. If you do get the beadlocks, you might be able to give Douglas a call and see if they would sell rings separate, otherwise, not sure where you would go for just rings.[/b]
oh , yea. I was asking about the beadlock wheels. I meant to post a pic of the beadlock verison in my OP. There is a decent set on ebay right now. The only problem is that they are already pc'ed black. I wanted to polish them. Local pc guy said he could remove it but after thinking about it they might have been media blasted before the pc jib which means the aluminum might not be able to be polished ..

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
QUOTE (Donovan @ Feb 25 2009, 04:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750889
oh , yea. I was asking about the beadlock wheels. I meant to post a pic of the beadlock verison in my OP. There is a decent set on ebay right now. The only problem is that they are already pc'ed black. I wanted to polish them. Local pc guy said he could remove it but after thinking about it they might have been media blasted before the pc jib which means the aluminum might not be able to be polished ..[/b]
I don't know about Douglas, but my experience with buying ITP wheels already pc'd is that they are not blasted before the powder coating. I had a friend who bought them and because they are not blasted first they chip easily and of course there is nice looking alum. underneath it all, very much polishable aluminum. Douglas could very well be a different story but I don't know for a fact.

Even if they were media blasted you could polish them after stripping the pc but it would be a major PITA! And the finish may not be as nice when your done. Your gonna need a good a** polish.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (SpillDaThrill @ Feb 26 2009, 05:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751158
I don't know about Douglas, but my experience with buying ITP wheels already pc'd is that they are not blasted before the powder coating. I had a friend who bought them and because they are not blasted first they chip easily and of course there is nice looking alum. underneath it all, very much polishable aluminum. Douglas could very well be a different story but I don't know for a fact.

Even if they were media blasted you could polish them after stripping the pc but it would be a major PITA! And the finish may not be as nice when your done. Your gonna need a good a** polish.[/b]
yea, i think you are right. But what i was saying is that the PC job might have not been done by DWT. They might have been bought polished, then taken to a powdercoater who might have media blasted them before he did the job. In the eyes of most they would be the right way to do the job right?

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
QUOTE (Donovan @ Feb 26 2009, 10:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751187
yea, i think you are right. But what i was saying is that the PC job might have not been done by DWT. They might have been bought polished, then taken to a powdercoater who might have media blasted them before he did the job. In the eyes of most they would be the right way to do the job right?[/b]
Correct, in the eyes of those who actually do quality work they would have been blasted before powder coating, however, you may be surprised how many either don't care or don't know to blast first. Also, some customers are the ones who don't care, they don't want to pay the extra amount to have them blasted before pc'ing. I guess all you can do is ask the guy a question and hope he knows and answers you in a timely manner.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (SpillDaThrill @ Feb 26 2009, 08:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751192
Correct, in the eyes of those who actually do quality work they would have been blasted before powder coating, however, you may be surprised how many either don't care or don't know to blast first. Also, some customers are the ones who don't care, they don't want to pay the extra amount to have them blasted before pc'ing. I guess all you can do is ask the guy a question and hope he knows and answers you in a timely manner.[/b]
yea... you're right. he actually posted the link to the ebay ad here in the classifieds. I sent him a pm a fe days and and sent him a message through ebay and he has not responded to either. The ring on one of the rears looks pretty bad so i might just pass. I dont want to buy some junk wheels.But thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts