YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at Little Sahara in Waynoka this weekend and I was on my way out to the dunes and my bike was running fine, then all of a sudden, while I was cruising, it almost felt like someone was touching my brakes for a second, then it would stop, then do it again and so on. About 30 seconds after that my bike just shut off and wouldn't start. Now, we got it back to camp and we would try and start it, and it would just click. Now, we replaced the battery down there and then it would start but it won't stay running (You can tell when it is about to die because the idle will dip). Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was out at Little Sahara in Waynoka this weekend and I was on my way out to the dunes and my bike was running fine, then all of a sudden, while I was cruising, it almost felt like someone was touching my brakes for a second, then it would stop, then do it again and so on. About 30 seconds after that my bike just shut off and wouldn't start. Now, we got it back to camp and we would try and start it, and it would just click. Now, we replaced the battery down there and then it would start but it won't stay running (You can tell when it is about to die because the idle will dip). Any ideas?
I am starting to think it is the fuel pump because like I said while I was cruising it felt like it wasn’t getting gas and that is how it dies. Also, when the bike dies you can hear the fuel pump on and then it shuts off after a couple of seconds. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’d agree with you, but before that, make sure all of your jets or fuel screw didn’t fall out of socket. If you run Fuel Injection, it is highly probable that your fuel pump needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’d agree with you, but before that, make sure all of your jets or fuel screw didn’t fall out of socket. If you run Fuel Injection, it is highly probable that your fuel pump needs to be replaced.
So, it is not the fuel pump because I replaced it with my brothers fuel tank and no fix. I now think it is either the TPS or the fuel injector. Those will be the next two things I check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts