YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike makes a rattle sound when I brake hard it sounds like plastic and I’m really hoping it’s not a problem can anyone tell me I think I using back brakes to hard and I never use the front someone tell me if this can also be the problem the sound sounds like a plastic rattle someone help I’m new to riding so I’m freaking out and it only happens when I go fast on a bumpy grass field that’s where I last rode it’s a new bike a 2020

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Plastic heel guards to the tubing frame WILL RATTLE and GET LOOSE. Loosen all the clamp things slide over, black tape 2 wraps and slide and tighten. Will need a flat head to spead the clamp things to slide over tape.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plastic heel guards to the tubing frame WILL RATTLE and GET LOOSE. Loosen all the clamp things slide over, black tape 2 wraps and slide and tighten. Will need a flat head to spead the clamp things to slide over tape.

Wheres the tubing frame?and heel guards cuz I don’t think ur talking about what’s behind ur feet?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Assuming its all stock.

Stand on the pegs with balls of your feet. Your rear of your foot pivots down and touches black plastic. That right there OEM HEEL GUARDS. Get off your quad. Get on your knees look up into the heel guards from behind towards front. YOU WILL SEE THE OEM HEEL GUARDS round frame secured to heel guards with clamp things that DO NOT FULLY CLAMP ON. THEY WILL GET LOOSE AND move around and make noise. It is a yamaha fail. Im not saying this your noise. Electrical tape makes the tubing "fatter" and it gets tight no more loose no more noise.

One more thing. The rear brake holder to swinger section not 100 percent solid. I thought my rear brakes were messed up because slight noise when turned off and rear brake applied but thats normal. I never hear this slight clik when riding.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I brake hard on my rear brakes all the time and slider and pin it never heard your noise. My guess your heel guards. Grabem with your hand and givem a slight shake. You should hear what IM talking about if no tape applied. Did nit take long on my 18 for noise to sing at me. On my 18 they solid no noise no movement ever since i did the "electrical tape mod".

One thing i also learned from KILROY. Apply padding to the rear LED tailight around it cuse it will shake like a MOFO plastic to plastic. I used thin sticky foam thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts