YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm freshening up my top end after a blown head gasket. I have a hr 64 +4.4 crank and a cylinder works bored out stock cylinder to 98mm. I want to upgrade it to a athena 478 top end kit. I don't like just the bored out stock cylinder, thares hardly any surface for the head gasket so seal. Is this a good kit? It comes with piston, gaskets, and athena cylinder. I'm gonna get the head all cleaned up to. Will it all bolt up? BTW my bikes a 04. Also is the little gold nozzle sitting next to the crank the oil nozzle upgrade?

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Yes the nozzle is a version of the 07 upgrade,the Athena kit is the best bang for your buck,great set up cylinder wise,there Pistons are junk imo I would toss it and get a shelf CP or JE,as for your crank I hope it was trued balanced and welded if not it's sure to shake itself to death,and if that doesn't happen,there known for grenading and kissing the entire motor! Hope it doesn't happen to Ya,but have seen many big $ builds with all the oil upgrades still have this happen time and time again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.