YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the page. Bought a 2018 yfz450r that’s completely stock and I think it’s a giant turd compared to my kfx450r with just a exhaust on it ha. Anyways what would everyone recommend for the big 3 setup? I like the look of the rossier exhaust, and obviously I know everyone thinks the vortex programmer is the best. Planning on the fci intake no box. What exhaust produces the most HP? And is there any programmer that can compete with the vortex. I only ride in the dunes

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Yoshi no spark arrestor. Youll love the clean crack crack crack rumble it produces. Nice and short and good quality. All other pipes Most of em unfortunately are way too long. Rossier pipes look amazing too THOSE can be custom ordered not too long.

VORTEX HOMIE WITH PRP MOUNT. NO OTHER CHOICE. My 18 absolutely ripped no bog nada nothing.

Here is my advice to you... 1st mod dump the stock clutch trust me man. That thing kabooms on you it WILLL LEAVE U STRANDED. I thought i was good to go for a little more and then convert to non slipper setup. NOPE. SHIFTEr LOCKED UP. IM praying warranty cover it.

This is REAL.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Yoshi fairly loud without spark arrestor? I know dasa makes a shorty, seems like those are also very popular. You know which exhaust really produces the most HP?

·
Registered
342 Posts
If money is no object, the RP race intake and exhaust will probably make the most power. Add their throttle body in the mix too.

As for affordable parts, I would think either the Dasa or Rossier would make the most power. The Dasa head pipe is larger than the Yoshimura one and the path seems less restrictive. The Yoshimura is much quieter, and in my opinion, will not make as much power.

Friend of mine has the Dasa on his 2020, I own the Yoshimura. His is much louder than mine when both bikes are side by side, both at idle and free revving. Our bikes both only have exhaust, Vortex ECU, and stock intake with no airbox lid. They both feel pretty similar. I think the differences will be exaggerated as the power level goes up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was actually looking at the RP setup today. Looks like around 2100 for everything including the throttle body. Leaning more towards dasa or rossier should be around 1400-1500 for the big 3. Barker setups still any good?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Rossier for MEAN LOUD.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I personally like loud but I don’t want any more dunes or trails shut down ha. I like the shorty exhausts. I’m not sure if rossier makes a shorty? I know dasa does.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Yoshi def barks craks real good clean cracks but not crazy loud.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
DMC ALIEN NO SPARKY OLD SCHOOL LOUD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, new to the page. Bought a 2018 yfz450r that’s completely stock and I think it’s a giant turd compared to my kfx450r with just a exhaust on it ha. Anyways what would everyone recommend for the big 3 setup? I like the look of the rossier exhaust, and obviously I know everyone thinks the vortex programmer is the best. Planning on the fci intake no box. What exhaust produces the most HP? And is there any programmer that can compete with the vortex. I only ride in the dunes
RP performance puts out the most hop but I’m selling my fmf 4.1 with a power bomb header

·
Registered
15 Posts
That’s what I have heard. How much are you wanting?
It’s the FMF 4.1 RCT blue titanium with carbon fiber tip and stainless steel power bomb header and it has 4 races on it and some trail riding, asking $550 for it. It basically new and they are new for $630

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It’s the FMF 4.1 RCT blue titanium with carbon fiber tip and stainless steel power bomb header and it has 4 races on it and some trail riding, asking $550 for it. It basically new and they are new for $630
Why are you changing it out?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts