YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note to warn all about my experiance with Izzy Burgard. I ordered a swing arm for my YFZ 450 for $595. After recieving it I was extreamley disapointed, this thing was retardly heavy, you could use the damn thing for an anchor for a damn cruise ship!!!

Shortly after recieving it I recieved my credit card statement and noticed Izzy had double charged me for the swing arm $595 charged twice on the same day. I then called him and he claimed there was no way he could have double charged me. Well after calling my credit card company..He did indeed double charge me.

I was so mad at that point I returned the boat anchor and this was on Dec 17th 2003 and still have not been credited for the return. Beware IZZY BURGARD is a CROOK!!! Spread the word!!! :angry :angry

I have since bought a Tucker pro Arm...First class swinger and company to deal with. DO NOT PATRIONIZE BURGARD!!!!! :nono

·
Registered
834 Posts
Call your credit card company and tell them to reverse the charges. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
i've ordered from izzy before. you have to remember your on his watch. when he gets around to it, he'll take care of you.
took my friend 8 months to get credit on a set of wheels. :angry he sent them back for 2 reasons. took over a month to get them, then when they came, he ordered them w/ rings on the inside of the fronts, that's what he was charged for, and there was no rings. several calls and promises later, he got his credit.
i bought his wheels, and they are rock solid. i also bought his stem, twisted the first one and izzy replaced it. :D
i would like to try his a arms. anyone have them?

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
There is a forum for this kind of thing..Please use it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't care if I am on IZZYs watch...he playing with my hard earned money. All he has been good for is broken promises. Not to mention every time I talked to him he was a rude S.O.B. The dude needs to get a life. Remember bad news travels fast!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is always two sides to every story! The one with the BIGGEST and LOUDEST BARK isn't always the most accurate either!

Mr Gary Flynn received the swingarm and called to claim that he expected the Chromoly swingarm to weigh the same as his stock aluminum swingarm. Burgard explained that he uses a thick wall chromoly for added strength and durability. Gary explained that he wasn't sure what he wanted to do with the swingarm, and he was concerned about a restocking fee for returning the swingarm. Burgard agreed to accept the swingarm back if Gary paid for the shipping. Also, Burgard offered to make him a thinner wall tubing swingarm if he wanted it lighter.

After several weeks of holding onto the swingarm, Gary decides to return it to Burgard. Burgard Immediately credited his account for the 595.00 charge for the swingarm. Even thought the swingarm was held for several weeks, Burgard didn't charge a restocking fee!

Double Charge Issue:

Gary called Burgard all pissed off that he was double charged, and Burgard explained that he check his daily statement and it did not show up as double charged, and told him he needed to contact his Credit card company because Burgard can't refund what he doesn't have on his statement. Ofcourse Burgard was defensive because he was being accussed of double charging someone that doesn't show up on his own statement. Gary has never sent or provided any proof to burgard to date about the double charge. Also, Burgard hasn't even heard from Gary since atleast early January about the issue and assumed it was resolved.

People that get on the Internet and spout off at the mouth because without stating all the facts is one of the worst things about these forums. It is easy to through stones when someone isn't around to throw them back at you!

Get your FACTS straight FIRST, get off the computer, call the credit card company, and get it resolved! I can't believe you haven't resolved this with your credit card company after over two months. If I thought I lost 595.00, I would have contacted the credit card company right away. I actually had someone charge me for something that I never received, and I had my money back into my account before the statement even hit my mail box. All it took was one call to the credit card company and explanation of what happened.

I personally think any VENDORS planning on dealing with YFZ450Flynster should BEWARE :angry :angry

·
Registered
32 Posts
Burgard Cycle will be following up on this issue tomorrow, so expect a call!

****Everything posted in the previous post are my personal feelings and do not represent Burgard Cycle, and I just tired of the ONE SIDED BASHING without all the FACTS***

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First off I have contacted the credit card company over a month ago and the double charge that Izzy Burgard claimes they never made HAS been credited to my account for your information. Of course from the credit card company and not Izzy of course after 4 phone calls to him.

Besides not admitting for the double charge ,the fact remains... I returned the swing arm on December 17th 2003 and still have not been credited for the return. So just because you leave a lengthy post yet still dodging the facts doen't make you look any better.

Also you forgot ole Izzard that I faxed you a copy of my statement showing the double charge but of course you forgot to mention that in your fancy post!

Vendors Beware? It's amazing what lengths you will go to to side track the facts. I have spent thousands on my wife and my quads and have never dealt with a more unprofessional company in the industry. Now if you ran a legitimate business you wouldn't have to be here defending yourself. I guess it boils down to the fact that I didn't like your swing arm so I returned it and you were going to be a prick reguardless. :angry

·
Registered
32 Posts
Since, you obviously didn't read my post! I AM NOT BURGARD CYCLE!!!!

I have been a customer for years, and I have been extremely pleased with his products and service. Also, I know of hundreds of others that would say the same thing.

As I said before, BURGARD will be contacting you about this matter, but I again think it is important to state that their is TWO SIDES too your BASHING!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Originally posted by ZRacer@Feb 25 2004, 08:02 PM
Since, you obviously didn't read my post! I AM NOT BURGARD CYCLE!!!!

I have been a customer for years, and I have been extremely pleased with his products and service. Also, I know of hundreds of others that would say the same thing.

As I said before, BURGARD will be contacting you about this matter, but I again think it is important to state that their is TWO SIDES too your BASHING!
i read your post and cannot beleive you are not burgard
cycle .do you just happen to know every fact,every detail of all accounts ... you and and all of your free parts whoreing groupies really should kiss the a$$ of us guys that actually pay your fricken bills

·
Registered
32 Posts
Again, I am not Burgard. Izzy Burgard is one of the nicest guys that I know, and I bought my very first set of A-arms and swingarm from him almost five years ago for my 400ex. Since then, I have become friends with him over the years, and I have seen the nice thing that he not only does for fellow atv riders and also his community.

When I see a person behind a username on the Internet, bash a guy that I know would never try to rip someone off, I can't sit back and watch it with doing something. I called Burgard right away, and asked for his side of the story! He was tototally shocked about the situation, and responsed with what I gathered from talking to him.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have delt with Burgards several time before an by NO means am i best freinds with IZZY. Out side of a few things taking a little longer than I thought they should I have had good experiances with him.

I have definatly see nothing from him to beleive any of the outrageous statements you have made. Zracers explanations make much more sense.

As for IZZY being a crook as you call him?
THAT IS FLAT OUT LIE AND VERY MISLEADING INFORMATION!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to set the record straight as of yesterday March 8th I see this mess finally was credited to my visa. It's too bad I had complain via this forum to get some action. Burgard was prompt in resolving this matter after reading this posted topic. :|

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for the warning :moose

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey i understand your frustration with izzy. I needed some lt a arms for my yfz and told him that they MUST be here by friday.(keep in mind i ordered them like 2 weeks earlier). well thurs runs around and i call and he hasent even made the arms yet! After a huge battle we had him overnight them and i had to put them on the morning of the national event. Izzy isnt the best person iv ever dealt with his lt a arms look siiiiiiick and work great so i thought it was just a fluke. I work at a shop and sometimes we forget to ship stuff... hopefully its not very often this happens.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Well, when i find a problem at work then i try to fix it. For istane, if you forget to ship stuff then maybe you should have a OUT! Shelf or something and a board with all current jobs that havent been finalized yet that is easy to see.

It's a thought.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Originally posted by ZRacer@Feb 25 2004, 06:44 PM
There is always two sides to every story! The one with the BIGGEST and LOUDEST BARK isn't always the most accurate either!

Mr Gary Flynn received the swingarm and called to claim that he expected the Chromoly swingarm to weigh the same as his stock aluminum swingarm. Burgard explained that he uses a thick wall chromoly for added strength and durability. Gary explained that he wasn't sure what he wanted to do with the swingarm, and he was concerned about a restocking fee for returning the swingarm. Burgard agreed to accept the swingarm back if Gary paid for the shipping. Also, Burgard offered to make him a thinner wall tubing swingarm if he wanted it lighter.

After several weeks of holding onto the swingarm, Gary decides to return it to Burgard. Burgard Immediately credited his account for the 595.00 charge for the swingarm. Even thought the swingarm was held for several weeks, Burgard didn't charge a restocking fee!

Double Charge Issue:

Gary called Burgard all pissed off that he was double charged, and Burgard explained that he check his daily statement and it did not show up as double charged, and told him he needed to contact his Credit card company because Burgard can't refund what he doesn't have on his statement. Ofcourse Burgard was defensive because he was being accussed of double charging someone that doesn't show up on his own statement. Gary has never sent or provided any proof to burgard to date about the double charge. Also, Burgard hasn't even heard from Gary since atleast early January about the issue and assumed it was resolved.

People that get on the Internet and spout off at the mouth because without stating all the facts is one of the worst things about these forums. It is easy to through stones when someone isn't around to throw them back at you!

Get your FACTS straight FIRST, get off the computer, call the credit card company, and get it resolved! I can't believe you haven't resolved this with your credit card company after over two months. If I thought I lost 595.00, I would have contacted the credit card company right away. I actually had someone charge me for something that I never received, and I had my money back into my account before the statement even hit my mail box. All it took was one call to the credit card company and explanation of what happened.

I personally think any VENDORS planning on dealing with YFZ450Flynster should BEWARE :angry :angry
:yfz Harlem, you got a loud bark too... whats with all those burgard stickers all over your quad :lol your suppose to defend them and there products no matter what , i dotn put jack diddly into you saying there so great, ive heard alot of complaints towards burgard and some good things, so dont make like its not possible for burgard to jerk somebody around

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Im not saying either one of you are right. I use to work at a shop and face it, no one is perfect. We all mess up and they are usually honest mistakes. So get over it... 8)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts