YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know about a radiator my buddy makes. gained 4HP on the dyno test and at a harescramble fan never kicked on while riding. quad runs cooler than stock and this had a high compression piston and pipe with some high tes race fuel. quality is excellent fits in great will have no problem. priced at $460 anyone interested let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by 3rdtimescharm@Nov 6 2003, 10:01 AM
hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know about a radiator my buddy makes. gained 4HP on the dyno test and at a harescramble fan never kicked on while riding. quad runs cooler than stock and this had a high compression piston and pipe with some high tes race fuel. quality is excellent fits in great will have no problem. priced at $460 anyone interested let me know. thanks.
4 HP Water tricks? I've heard it all now. :re

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea laugh all you want. its not the water. Its called running temp. Bike hold more water (about twice as much as stock) so the motor stays cooler. It was dyno tested on a brand new yfz. Ever wonder why when you bike starts running hot you loose power. or ever heard of such..

·
Registered
773 Posts
1st post and he's hocking a $460.00/4hp radiator... uhhh... I'll buy one!!!!

I've never seen a radiator dyno. Prolly fits right on your desk uh. Actually I know a guy that has a 6hp radiator that beat a 90hp shee in a drag - and I mean it's just a radiator on wheels. He's now selling it. Let me know if your interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Selector, dude whats up with you? Ok here is how it works, step by step. First took the bike to the dyno. You need me to tell you how it fit on? or how to strap you bike down? Ok back to the test.
First pass is done with the stock radiator in it. bike goes to running temp, then is tested.
Second they install the new higher capacity, bike is back to run temp and is tested again. This shows the difference in HP. I may have left some details out but I wasnt there doing it..

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by 3rdtimescharm@Nov 6 2003, 10:32 AM
Selector, dude whats up with you?
I don't like schmucks like you out to make a buck on bogus bullshit. That's what's wrong w/ me. Don't like it? Don't post bullshit. I'm gonna call all the bullshit I see whether you like it or not.

Now follow your namesake (3rdtimescharm) and stop @ (3) posts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not a schmuck as you call me. I dont make any money from them. helping a friend out. The only bullshit being posted is coming from you.

·
Registered
773 Posts
And let me just say this...

Many if not most of the folks on these quad boards are young kids. The last thing they need to here about is some magic radiator that gives 'em 4hp more. They work hard for their dough and dropping several thousand for their toys or making payments, etc. is a big deal.

If your "friend" wants to build/sell rads, great. I'm sure many folks will need another somewhere along the line, but don't lurk around hyping the thing as an hp increase device.

It's a well known fact that heat will rob HP, but if a $460.00 rad were to give back 4hp, it would be a very popular mod and one of the first purchases someone would make.

And lastly, I see you PM'd me - save it bro. I'm say'n what I've got to say in front of everyone. I'm a big boy and don't need to take it "outside" with you. I'm a decent guy till someone starts spewing crap from their piehole. I'm so outwardly anti-bullshit many don't like me, but you've got to admire my honesty. Actually, you don't have to. I don't really care.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I Pm'd you so you could name call and say what you want to ME, and not in front of all the (young kids) on here like you said. you know be a little more adult on here they done need to read all that.
I'm not LURKINg around here just tying to let people know about his radiator. I have been told many people have had problems with fans running all the time and overheating. sounds like a problem and this is a salution.
As far as my claim to HP, YOU just said it heat robs HP. and as i said it before it was TESTED with stock and new Rad. and thats how they come up with the 4HP gain.
As far as $460 price, its about the same if not cheaper than all the other Rad out there being sold.
Being such a DECENT guy you caim to be you should think a minute before YOU just start spouting out, talking trash.
I wouldn't come on here and post something about a product just to sell or help sell that was junk. I understand its a lot of money. Let them make up there mind.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I'd like to know the normal operating temps of the YFZ motor with a stock factory radiator and then those temps with the radiator your promoting??

Also, how much horsepower do you think can be gained from dropping operational temps on this engine?

NOW take some COLD 25 degree air running into the carb and compare horsepower output to say 95 degree HOT air and I would believe you would see a horsepower increase.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
this is complete boooshiit!!! even if you do slap a bigger radiator on there you are not changing the amount of coolant that runs through the motor and the water temp stays low anyways. my fan rarely comes on

:sucks

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Nov 6 2003, 01:53 PM
my fan rarely comes on
I can't find mine!

·
Registered
182 Posts
This topic is BS!!!!!!!! On a dyno the quad isn't moving! It is at a stand still meaning no wind to pass through the radiator to cool the machine in the first place. Meaning the engine fan would come on solving nothing and the engine temp would remain the same.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Originally posted by YFZinJay@Nov 6 2003, 12:30 PM
This topic is BS!!!!!!!! On a dyno the quad isn't moving! It is at a stand still meaning no wind to pass through the radiator to cool the machine in the first place. Meaning the engine fan would come on solving nothing and the engine temp would remain the same.
that is a good point..never thought about that..

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have heard of hott engines not putting out as much hp as a kooler one but why would you spend 460 on a rad. when you can spend that much or less on exhaust and gain 7-11 hp
it dosnt matter my stock yfz is fast enough for me
i am 17 yrs old i paid ofr my quad by myself no help from anyone
so i am not gonna blow my money on some rad when i could buy bead locks or something that is race proven and not some guys freind who just happen to hillbilly rig a radiator together and keep it cooller buy adding more h2O and another thing double the h2o means double the wieght and water wieghs in at a heafty 8 lbs per gallon so if your race and watch the weight why would you want to do that

·
Registered
212 Posts
why dont you just jet the bike to run cooler....has to be a lot better than packin all that extra water/coolant around :rock :O

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was told that the owner of HMF did the dyno test himself. As far as how it was done, i cant say I wasnt there. For results from the dyno. ask them maybe they will tell you.I see they have a section on here.
If your so worried about weight then loose some body weight of your own or leave off the beadlocks you want.
All of the top Pros in GNCC and GNC us someones aftermarket radiator. wonder why they dont just use a stock one??
And as far as my friend building hillbilly parts, they guy works for Dave Blaney, you know him?He races NASCAR .He also builds parts for sprint cars that are used on all the top OUTLAW sprint cars.
As far as the price, it's in the area of all the others. If you dont have a heating problem with your bike or you dont want to buy one then fine, I dont need to hear you ignorant comments. thank you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts