YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one maybe had 20 hours of run time on it. They wear out faster than I can remember to replace them. Are there better options out there for those of us with a stock 06 swingarm?

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
i dont see how you grinded your swingarm like that. thats crazy, i would take a serious look at everything and try to adjust it it a little, lower your rear end a little bit to bring the back tires up a little more to get that bend out of the chain, thats just crazy looking, my chain barely hits that chain slider thing.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (leveldrummer @ Feb 23 2009, 02:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749904
i dont see how you grinded your swingarm like that. thats crazy, i would take a serious look at everything and try to adjust it it a little, lower your rear end a little bit to bring the back tires up a little more to get that bend out of the chain, thats just crazy looking, my chain barely hits that chain slider thing.[/b]

My quad sits about 3" lower than stock the way its set up now, so that's definitely not a problem. Long travel rear linkage causes the chain to hit the swinger at a much greater angle than stock because it drops out lower. Small front sprocket further complicates the problem. That's how.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
QUOTE (knaffie @ Feb 23 2009, 02:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749907
My quad sits about 3" lower than stock the way its set up now, so that's definitely not a problem. Long travel rear linkage causes the chain to hit the swinger at a much greater angle than stock because it drops out lower. Small front sprocket further complicates the problem. That's how.[/b]

you gotta remember that the original chain slider was only ever designed for the stock suspension parameters...any mods that give extra travel or smaller sprockets will shorten service life. your just gonna have to deal with it and replace the slider more often, although the TM Designworks sliders are F'n awesome....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts