YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have searched this topic with a lot of old threads appearing. I currently have maxxis razr2 front and rear but my tears are pretty stuffed. I'm looking for a cheaper tire that compares fairly well with the maxxis razr2. I mainly ride trials etc any recommendations

·
Registered
259 Posts
Maxxis m931's hehe

·
Registered
703 Posts
GBC XC Masters. Almost same as Razr 2.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I had a set of Klaws on my Banshee, and they were a decent trail tire. The tread compound was fairly hard, so they wore really well. They didn't really clean out very well, just in case you get into a spot of mud. Overall, they're not a bad tire.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ambush tires seem like they would be good all around. I had em on my banshee but that was my first quad like 7 yrs ago. My stock maxxis tires that cam on my 14 hook surprisingly well

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok I'm actually getting 19" maxxis ballances as my mate who races only used them on 2 meets however he prefers 18" so I'm picking them up cheap. I have 15t front sprocket and 38t rear which with 20" tires I find I find a bit to much will this setup be better with 19"s

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Personally the tusk voltages have no slide to them at all and are a tough tread to wear down but not too grippy on mine.

The razr2 was also terrible at everything. Slid way to much. Never gripped.

Itp gncc hook like a son-of-a-b&*&h! Thats my recommendation.

Screw price if if rides like your on ice!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Gbc's or itp's. Everything else is a trade off...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.