YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rock 1st-Yoshimura titanium full setup with the carbon slip on to make it look better,2nd FMF titanium 4 muffler with thier ti mid-pipe and ti powerbomb header,3rd GYT-R Full titanium setup and i don't care what anyone says hmf,sparks ect...doesn't enev come close! :rock

·
Registered
500 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_MXIN@Nov 1 2003, 05:56 PM
:rock 1st-Yoshimura titanium full setup with the carbon slip on to make it look better,2nd FMF titanium 4 muffler with thier ti mid-pipe and ti powerbomb header,3rd GYT-R Full titanium setup and i don't care what anyone says hmf,sparks ect...doesn't enev come close! :rock
lmao.....someone forgot to take their meds........ :re :stupid :nono

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
I cant wait till my DG comes through the mail....and I can't wait till cobra comes out with their exhaust....come on man Fmf? give me a break....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D your sparks setup is nice but aluminum heats the engine up and u lose power when u need it most but it looks great i like the polished aluminum.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's not polished aluminum, it's a ceramic coating that Sparks uses on their pipes. Any pipe will heat up a lot, but if you're going fast, which you should be, the air flow will help out. I've never heard anyone complain that they are losing power because their pipe overheats the engine. As far as who makes the best pipe, it really doesn't matter, because if the carb is setup right for the pipe, they are all very comparable.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would guess that the "CRACK PIPE" is also tops on your list.

I'm sure those pipes are great and look even better. But guys like Sparks and TC don't make pipes ...they make fast bikes by fabricating a pipe that unleashes a machines potential.

Everyone has their favorite set-up for where and how they ride. My TC pipe might not work for you cuz it's really fast and load.

Unless your some sort of engine builder with a couple dynos and months of testing on each pipe made for the YFZ and it's best set-up...don't waste our time with posts like this one. :nono I'm too busy reading all the post about jetting from every guy that just got his YFZ yesturday! :lol

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts
in this month dirt bike mag they tested like 15 pipes an the white brothe ti carbon combo gave the yz450 the most power all round, dg pipes suck!!! go with what u like an works for u, an u only :yfz

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfzthumpa@Nov 2 2003, 06:28 AM
in this month dirt bike mag they tested like 15 pipes an the white brothe ti carbon combo gave the yz450 the most power all round, dg pipes suck!!! go with what u like an works for u, an u only :yfz
I heard from some boys out at Dumont this weekend that White Brothers is closing their doors pretty soon.

Now this did not come from my mouth it is what I HEARD.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:nono Calm down american physco i just want to no the best setup i don't want to buy the wrong one so sit the @uck down and take a Dsay :lol

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfzthumpa@Nov 2 2003, 01:56 PM
@uck off , never claimed to be an expert just tellin the facts bubba gump :yfz
Well please let me know the "Facts" AKA: Hp and Torque Numbers of each pipe so I can make the best purchase. I don't want one of the best three I want the best. :lol

so lets see the "Facts".......Forest :blah

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Nov 2 2003, 05:10 PM
here's my top 3:

1. sparks
2. tc
3. esr <---when it comes out
ESR is out and Supposed to be like 3HP over all others, but I dunno.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Pahrump,

I heard the same thing about the ESR pipe, and contacted them by email 4 days ago. I asked them specifically what they were claiming in power over stock. Their answer was simply "we don't like to quote hp numbers." I'm not sure how anyone is expected to consider a pipe if the mfg won't even tell you the level of performance which can be expected. I'll be calling them tomorrow, and see what info they mght give me over the phone.

If anyone has any info on ESR's claim, please forward to me.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I will also see I can find out, I bought their AirBox eliminator kit and love it!

I was getting all my stuff packed up for Dumont friday afternoon and about to leave and the brown truck showed up and brought the present :lol

I put it on at Dumont and had to go up to a 180 main 48 pilot, a 4th clip on the GYTR needle, that is with the cam-mod and modded stock pipe only and it was like 50 degrees at night and 65 during the day, I was laying the smack down on my buddies YFZ with the alba K&N kit and cam-mod and modded stock pipe.

All in all I am very happy with ESR so far, I ordered my kit on monday and they called me the next day to say that they would not be able to get it out till wednesday and did I need it to go somewhere I said yeah I was going to the dunes and they shipped it to me 2nd day to get it here on time and did not even charge me for it. Cool :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts