YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there i have a 2014 yfz450r se and i am wondering what oil you guys use? What brand of oil, if you run semi-synthetic or full synthetic, and if you run 10W-40 or some other type. Price doesn't really matter too much, just hopefully its a reasonable amount. Just looking for the best oil for my machine, anything to keep her happy 8) Thank you very much for your response

·
Registered
556 Posts
lots of people run amsoil on here but i run basic yamalube and just change it frequently havent had a problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Everyone has an opinion on this and there are a few threads on this subject. Do a quick search and you will see. Now that being said, I've been running Rotella T - White bottle in 3 yfz's and a raptor 250 for 3 years now. I change the filter & oil often - every trip.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ran yamalube mineral in mine. I was changing every 2 hours. I tried it for aprox 5-6 oil change. I found that the shifting was not as fluid..and finding the neutral was hard...
I now use motul semi synthec....same as what I use in my streetbike.....im super happy.
15-40 will be too thick for cold start imo

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you mean cold as in like 30, 40F degrees? Im in a warm area pretty much near Sacramento California so it doesn't get to cold. So what would be the best? Would 10W-40 be ok or is there better? I want the best oil not going to complain about price too much. So what would be the best brand and type either 15W-30 or 10W-r0 or something else

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in Australia and we work in Celsius it's currently summer here so temps range from 25 degrees Celsius to 40+celsius I run 10w40 but as weather gets hotter so around the high 30s I go to 15w40 but winter which hits the lowest of about 5degrees I tun 10w40

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.