YFZ Central banner

best piston

• Total voters
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I remember seeing that. Pondered picking up a spare in case I had issues with my legit one. Too bad it never got off the ground. Better luck next time Ken
We prefer to purchase parts from vendors, so it worked out for the best in the end. If John (mixxer) decided to invest in his own custom pistons down the road; we would support him.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Kenneth / KBMotorsports.... I think about making pistons again from time to time.. If I did , I couldn't think of a better business to deal with than yours..
Its a huge financial commitment to buy enough custom pistons in a bore size and compression to get enough of a price break to make it profitable...

Never say never.

One of the site members had just went to a high comp piston in a setup similar to his other dynoed yfz... The high comp piston made 2hp less....it isn't all about compression, its about combustion chamber efficiency....

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Kenneth / KBMotorsports.... I think about making pistons again from time to time.. If I did , I couldn't think of a better business to deal with than yours..
Its a huge financial commitment to buy enough custom pistons in a bore size and compression to get enough of a price break to make it profitable...

Never say never.

One of the site members had just went to a high comp piston in a setup similar to his other dynoed yfz... The high comp piston made 2hp less....it isn't all about compression, its about combustion chamber efficiency....
If you made pistons again id buy one. Why did you stop your business of making pipes and pistons and all that? Everyone loved your products.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yep, if you made pistons again i would also purchase one. 98mm pump gas please LOL

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
The real deal was that there was a huge group of chromosome deficient that want to play like they themselves are the best at everything...

Plenty of them would run my product .. Knowing that it truly performed and was designed with all possible advantages from the beginning.... But then they would argue with the person who did all the work..me... In the forums every day... Even with lines would say "custom cp Piston" instead of Venom piston... In order to not give any credit or advertising to someone doing their best and sharing their knowledge feely...

People want to act like they know everything... Even though they buy product and services all done by someone else's hand... And that didn't work well for someone trying to teach and share info with the world... It was too irritating to the people that want credit for knowledge by merely buying someone else's work...

So it wasn't something I could continue.... Test after test proved exactly what I told people would happen... And I showed the world what sort of combustion chamber shape needed to be to make high comp work for the yfz... Explained it all before I did it... And then did it and it all went just like the physics behind it all dictated..

But... The jerks and egomaniacs of the internet are too much to deal with... You can't be honest and share info and charge a fair price... And have the people who want all the internet street cred as engineers be OK with it...

The old saying of : "never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups". Was so very spot on about the internet...

I was doing my best work and selling everything at a more than fair price... Sharing all the info and very happy to be doing it all... And every independent test had proved what i said about quiet pipes and truly maximized piston profiles...

I didn't want to stop... I loved that being the family business...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im sure both me and my dad would buy them if they were brought back, i just used the last 97mm Honda piston we had. Our last one that we have now that hasn't been used is a 100mm.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Terse sent me a couple pics of some used pistons that illustrate a pattern indicating the pinnacle of an efficient combustion chamber...

If we can get him to post them up, everyone will have something to compare to when they pull an engine down with whatever choice they have for a performance piston...

If yours doesnt have this pattern... Then your piston is leaving power on the table... Simple as that...

121 - 132 of 132 Posts