YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best exhaust system for racing up sand dune hills?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i'd say the NMotion out-of-frame drag pipe.

or an NMotion 7" or 9"

i heard the ron woods are pretty good too

·
Registered
193 Posts
The ones said are the best IMO, Nmotin out of frame, Nmotion/JSR 9inch, Ron Woods Inframe pipe, Ron woods Pug. Careful on the pug, I know two guys that melted there rear resi with them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ive dynoed pretty much all the GOOD pipes on the yami and the dasa and the n motion out of frame make the most power. The dasa is what stayed on the bike we tested them on. It was a 60+whp nmotion480 yami. The dasa did everybit as good as the nmotion pipe but sounds ALOT better and is more rider friendly. DASA hands down. If not dasa then ron woods or the NEW Jsr pipe. Supposably they built a pipe that can compete with the dasa. His old system was good but 1.5whp down from the dasa. Ive yet to test that new one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
id just look at all the "PIPE SHOOTOUTS" at the top of this forum section. all the work has been done for u.

im gonna be replacing my FatBoy 4 full exhaust with the nmotion one hopefully.....

did not even see my pipe being tested must be one of the worst.

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
Some pipes with some combo of motor parts will work much better or worse then on another motor with different motor parts... but for the average motor build.... DASA, 9" Nmotion (used if you can find one), and possibly the newer JSR pipe.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (Yfz480Rider @ Feb 13 2009, 09:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746092
id just look at all the "PIPE SHOOTOUTS" at the top of this forum section. all the work has been done for u.

im gonna be replacing my FatBoy 4 full exhaust with the nmotion one hopefully.....

did not even see my pipe being tested must be one of the worst.[/b]
yea my frend has a fatboy on his and i dont really like it, its WAAAYYY to loud and it didne evn really give him very good power gains. My pipe thats made for top end alomost outpulls it in the bottom end, which the Fatboy is made for.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have looked at the pipe shootouts but they don't really say which would be better for racing up and sand hill. I know top end is important as the throttle is wide open the entire drag race. I would go towards the Ron Woods because it makes a lot of power on top but don't know how much it will effect the lower end.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
my Ironman is a top end pipe but it also gave me a bit of bottom end. I do have the ScaryFast PowerNow in it just to let you know. It pulls and pulls and pulls now, right from idle all the way to the limeter. Pulled amazingly hard and hard to keep the front end down when i raced a KFX (beat him) up our drag hill at my dunes. Awesome pipe IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts