YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I would have to go with TC Racing fr dragging. From what i hear i has some pretty incredible gains. The loudness of the pipe is what keps me from purchasing it. But Ur draging....who gives a sh*** how loud it is!!!!! :rock

·
Registered
625 Posts
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the TC pipe is great for low-end mid-range stuff but it isnt the pick of the week for dragging. If you want to drag race get the ESR pipe with the tapered-core. I promise you you wont be disappointed.
Isaac

·
Registered
257 Posts
its hard to pick the perfect pipe without say a pipe shootout on a dyno to see where the gains are for each pipe. i have a dmc pipe and i noticed a huge increase on the mid and top and maybe a little losss to the same on the bottom. i mostly ride at the dunes,drag race or we are storming arcoss wide open fields where i live i would stay away from the fmf unit i raced 2 other yfzs with those and it wasnt even close. and we all have just pipes and no air lid at the time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i bought mine local here at moto-man but they are in the magazines too i paid $440 and $60 for the bolt on sparky there number is 734 454 7575 just tell them joe with the broken um air box for the 450 sent ya

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Whoa $625 :O

That is one expensive SOB

·
Registered
625 Posts
damnit Pete! You dont ever tell the rest of the story on the ESR pipe. It has billet end-caps and also has a better headpipe design that hugs the cylinder. It also COMES with a different water pump spigot so that you can run the close-in headpipe. The more expensive model also has a tapered core in the silencer for better top-end HP. Eddie dynoed his pipe with the tapered core against the Sparks pipe and he got 3 hp more.
Isaac

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by edgerat@Oct 21 2003, 12:07 PM
damnit Pete! You dont ever tell the rest of the story on the ESR pipe. It has billet end-caps and also has a better headpipe design that hugs the cylinder. It also COMES with a different water pump spigot so that you can run the close-in headpipe. The more expensive model also has a tapered core in the silencer for better top-end HP. Eddie dynoed his pipe with the tapered core against the Sparks pipe and he got 3 hp more.
Isaac
Issac, Do you have a picture of it and have you got yours yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts