YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best big bore kit for a 2014 yfz450r? Also what cc's is the best kit. I know there are plenty of 480 kits but wouldn't the 525 kits be better since they give you more cc's? I mean I could be wrong so that's why im here. I want to get a lot more power out of my quad. I'm having trouble beating my cousins kawi kfx700 that's been modded out. We are equal in power right now. Neither of us can beat each other.

·
Registered
592 Posts
What's the best big bore kit for a 2014 yfz450r? Also what cc's is the best kit. I know there are plenty of 480 kits but wouldn't the 525 kits be better since they give you more cc's? I mean I could be wrong so that's why im here. I want to get a lot more power out of my quad. I'm having trouble beating my cousins kawi kfx700 that's been modded out. We are equal in power right now. Neither of us can beat each other.
For starters, what year is your quad, and what mods have you done already? 480 is a common kit and only 30 over, but if set up and tuned right, more than likely be enough for you. When you start talking 525 kits, you're going to need more than that big bore kit to ever get the full potential out of the build. Valves, head work, intake, springs, clutch, etc. Etc.

I can't stand a kfx 700. Heavy turds! Slow turds! You should be able to beat him no problem. I owned one before with pink spring, better belt, dual exhaust, cdi, suspension, ect. Ect. It was still a slow turd compared to my big 3 raptor...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 2014 model. i have a pcv programmer with the auto-tuner, a full yoshi exhaust, 08 intake cam, k&n mod quad filter. If i go with the 480 kit what is the best brand to go with? also, can i expect a big difference in power?

I dont know why i cant beat him man but i cant. he has done quite a bit of work to it and we are dead even whenever we race.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
BB won't really give you much more horsepower, but if will give you more torque. Save your money on the big bore and get your head ported instead.
x2 great advise brandon,headwork is where these bikes come alive,yes you will benefit from a BB kit,but headwork,bored carb and a nice set of cams is much more beneficial

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a yfzr model so its fuel injected and doesnt have a carb. so what kind of comparison of power can i expect in headwork versus a bbk? in general because i know there is no way to be specific as every quad is different.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Head work.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the Athena big bore 480ccm kit on my yfzr 2012. And together with a ported head and hot cams stage 3 cams it´s a killer machine right now.
Out beats almost every 450 bikes in straight line with higher gearing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.