YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i flat track and i am lookin at gettin some beadlock rims. i saw some guy with some, but forgot who makes them. they were black and had a a removable center i think. any ideas on some rims

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
yeh...... the hipers are the rims w/ the removable center...... they are also carbon fiber which makes them extremely lightweight and sweet lookin!!!!! :rock :red

·
Registered
70 Posts
the hipers rims are not all carbon fiber, carbon fiber is very brital it is used as a stengthner the hipers wheels are a resin carbon comoposite they inlude nylon resins, the body parts for the hiper wheels are injection molded with a new dupont product. they include both carbon and fiberglass weaves they are designed to flex under extreme abuse.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can any one tell me what tires they are running for flat track and the size i need the circ of the tire and the width and diam of it. and if any one uses a smaller tire for the right side?? thanks

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but i need the measurement around the tire not how tall it is. and do you know if they run a smaller tire on the left side

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by metalmellinium@Jan 24 2004, 11:56 PM
but i need the measurement around the tire not how tall it is. and do you know if they run a smaller tire on the left side
no, every tt racer that ive talked to runs the same size tire on both sides. reason being: most tt tracks have left AND right turns. also, i think any beadlock, aside from hiper, is overkill or flattrack. the added weight has no real benefit in tt. hipers, on the other hand, are featherweight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
go wit itp or douglas be the carbons crack and dont bend like the metal ones

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by mx16sx@Feb 21 2004, 09:33 PM
go wit itp or douglas be the carbons crack and dont bend like the metal ones
they dnt crack often.... and if u run the correct air pressure, they wont crack ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
While I accept carbon fibre is light, mass for mass, but has anyone weighed the difference between alloy and carbon beadlocks? I'd like to know.

Thanks , Geoff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts