YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a new battery a few weeks ago and didn't ride it much till this week I went to Wayne national forest. My quad wasn't hot starting very well and half way through the day my battery was dead. Quad runs fine. Lights worked fine. Charged it off of another quad and rode for another day and at the end of the day it wouldn't start anymore. I could ride for an hour and shut it off and it wouldn't start. Seems like the battery isn't charging. Not sure if there is a wire broke or something went bad. Any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
throw a DVM on it and check how much voltage you have at the batt, then crank it up and see what it has.

check all the connections, make sure there clean and tight .

the new Batt could have been a defect , or it may not have had a full charge before being put into service.

need to fully trickle charge a new batt before using it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
What year is it? May do justice to ride with lights on, even in day light pending year....

·
Registered
335 Posts
it doesn't help the stator charge it better ,but will take some load off the charging circuit.
new batteries need to be fully charged when installed, never know how long it was sitting before you got it , and if you installed the electrolyte then it most definitely has to get a slow, full charge.

test the battery voltage with the engine off, then with it running , it may not be charging the battery well enough.

should see 14v @ 5k rpm

·
Registered
35 Posts
If the batterie us brand new...and it did not went totally dead ever...i would check for broken wire.or could be bad magneto/stator as well!!!
If your batterie is full and go dead during the ride..it means power drained from the batterie is not replaced or the power amount drained is bigger than the power reloaded.
Im not sure im clear ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.