YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
So all the OEM clutch components from an 09 "R" are a direct bolt on to 2014+ engines? I know you guys say basket swap, but it is not just just the basket swap.

And the big washer and huge spring in the 2014+ in the clutch pack does not get used if you do the swap to an 09 R clutch swap.

Is this right?

And is there a better clutch than an 09 R OEM clutch that is not crazy expensive over 500 buks?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but yes, they are compatible. I’ll be using the gear of a 2009 oem basket on a Hinson 2009 basket on my 2020 yfz450r. I won’t be using the oem 2009 clutch, but the Hinson Conventional.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I also went with a 2009 basket with for my 2020 yfz450r
You sold the 16?
I sold it to my mechanic. I just got a 2020 that will be an even better build (but similar). Should I do a thread on it? I’m currently waiting for parts and I’ll begin bolting stuff early October.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Is that oem seat gray? If so i want one for my 18 se.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe theres a thread for it already, but do you have a parts list to do a Basket swap?
also, is there any modifying required to swap baskets?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I posted a link to the thread I did for a clutch swap. Don’t know why it’s showing up like it is. If you search CLUTCH SWAP it will show up, I have a part number list in there. Just beware you will need 6 clutch springs for the 09-13 basket and clutch hub/ pressure plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Can one do the 2009 "R" OEM clutch swap to 2014+ 450rs and use a GYTR pressure plate with the other 2009 "R" OEM components or everything has to be OEM OR EVERYTHING GYTR?

The GYTR pressure plate looks good because of the extra oil passages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can one do the 2009 "R" OEM clutch swap to 2014+ 450rs and use a GYTR pressure plate with the other 2009 "R" OEM components or everything has to be OEM OR EVERYTHING GYTR?

The GYTR pressure plate looks good because of the extra oil passages.

You can mix and match parts from GYTR, Rekluse, Hinson, and factory.

KB

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Good to know !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts