YFZ Central banner

Bars and Handguards

1K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  mikemike 
#1 ·
I have the trailtech X bar fat bars and cannot find a set of handguards with aluminum braces to fit. There was a topic that sort of covered this, but there was still no answer. Anyone figure this out yet. Thanks

#2 ·
WHat do you mean by fit? What doesnt fit? I had an issue where the new knurled alloy inserts From Cycra wouldn fit in the XBars. Because of the trouble i had Trailtech send me a bar that was reamed to sice to fit the new Alloy bar ends.

Trailtech really came through for me so i know they will help you with your problem too. Did you contact trailtech and see what they can do for you?

#3 ·
Thanks. I actually read that thread. They really seem like they took care of you. The bars are great but the ends have a lot of material and I can find a bar end insert to fit. Does anyone have these bars with handguards installed? If so what brands fit.

#9 ·
Too small? i dont understand. my clamps where too loose and had to tape the bar up to get it thicker so the clamps would actually bite.
Ill try to make some close up pics this weekend for ya. I tell ya though. its a trial of tribualtion to get the xbar and probends mated but its worth it in the end because Probend is the best.

#11 ·
dude, those are the wrong clamps for sure. do they even have a taper to them? they look like 7/8 bar clamps to me!
Cycra has been a little lacks lately and i had some communication problem with them but in the end they made things right for me. Next purchase from them i get %25 off.
Send those clamps back and tell them to give you the right ones. they will charge your CC until you've returned the ones you got. They are very distrusting. hehe.

#13 ·
PowerMadd has an awesome set up for handgards, they clamp to the bars and that is it, they are very strong and look great. I had the same problem with my trailtech bars and had to ream out the ends with a big drill bit for my MSR Handgards to fit. Powermadd is the only way to go from here on out.

#14 ·
I like the Powermadds and am thinking of getting them. Do you need to purchase any special or specific mounting brackets or is it one generic kit?

#16 ·
I don't like the metal bars though. If you go over the bars at just the right point and your arms get in there, your gonna hear two loud SNAPS!

That would be both of your arms. :bawl

I just can't get that out of my head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.