YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which ones the best, are they louder than hmfs? i want one that looks good and sounds good but not too loud and performs also, i cant have a pipe that is extremely loud where i ride, my friend has a hmf on a 400ex and i dont want anything too much louder than that

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a DASA on my 450X and an HMF on my trx450R.

With quiet cores in both, the DASA is quieter than the HMF.

With quiet cores out of both, the DASA is louder. Way louder.

I love the sound of the DASA though. The only bike Ive liked the sound of better than my DASA is my bro-in-laws Raptor (which also has DASA pipes).

I cant speak for Barkers or Yosh though. I have only used HMF, DASA, and FMF pipes. Dasa is my favorite so far.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Is this for a carb'd quad or FI?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Either way, Yoshi will be the quietest.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yoshi makes great power I love my dasa I just couldn't imagine having another exhaust I love the look and sound and power, but with that being said I have had problems with it staying together. I like barkers as well so if you want a great pipe all three are nice it's really comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I was gonna put rossier but A site sponsor said that they no longer sell them or recommend them because of their replacement part program and stuff like that

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Rossier is still making exhaust, I guess they have cracked down on vendors selling their exhaust for lower than the retail list price, they are now being really selective on who is an authorized dealer.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Rossier is generally a good bet for power, and Charlie is great to work with. As far as my personal preference on exhaust systems, I can´t stand the look of the Barker´s system. Even if it made 5hp more than my system and costs less money, I wouldn´t buy it. Some people really like it, and that´s fine. I just don´t. I´m not really a fan of the HMF pipe, either. They´re not terrible, but they´re loud. Just not really a pipe I´d consider buying when there are other choices that I like so much more. The Monster system, I like how it looks, but it really reminds me of the Duncan Fatboy4 pipes. Not that that´s a bad thing, but I´d rather have something that appeals to me a little more on an aesthetic level. The Dasa, while it looks excellent, and sounds great, it´s simply too loud without the quiet core, and with the core installed, power drops off. The FMF pipe is really nice looking, but I don´t care for how far the pipe sticks out the back. Which brings me conveniently to my favorite... Yoshimura. I´ve owned quite a few quads and all of them except one (400EX) had aftermarket exhaust, and in my opinion, the best fit and finish and overall quality was shown in the Yoshimura systems. I know that some LT-R450 guys had problems with their Yoshi stuff, but I´ve always had good luck with mine. So, out of the pipes discussed in this thread, I´d probably pick Yoshi every time. Good luck with your choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.