YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new set of bars (banshee bend). Was looking to get some extra height. Without mounting them, it doesn't look as though they are any taller than the stock YFZ bars. Anybody know of risers that will fit the 7/8 bar? There are alot of clamp kit's available, but all I can find are the kit's to accept oversize (1 1/8 ) bars. I did see the post by aussiequadrider, about getting another set of stock saddles-and putting them under the bars. Is this my only option, short of making my own on the mill? Thanks

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by vorra65@Dec 9 2003, 09:07 PM
I just got a new set of bars (banshee bend). Was looking to get some extra height. Without mounting them, it doesn't look as though they are any taller than the stock YFZ bars. Anybody know of risers that will fit the 7/8 bar? There are alot of clamp kit's available, but all I can find are the kit's to accept oversize (1 1/8) bars. I did see the post by aussiequadrider, about getting another set of stock saddles-and putting them under the bars. Is this my only option, short of making my own on the mill? Thanks
:lol :lol :lol :lol u hav to space the 8 and the ) apart..... lol...... that is how you make the sunglasses smiley :lol thats funny :lol :yfz

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u hav to space the 8 and the ) apart..... lol...... that is how you make the sunglasses smiley thats funny

done.... That was- pretty funny, when I went back and looked at it.

Now, c'mon any ideas on my bar predicament? Thanx

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
You could buy a taller steering stem ... but I doubt thats what you want to hear.

Whats wrong with raising the bars how Aussie did it??

other than some kid of spacer, longer stem or higher bend bars I dont know how you would raise the bars. if the bars are new you could exhange them for some CR Hi's or Double Hi's

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somebody grab me a cold Original, to wash down the crow!

I installed the bars, and if you don't want to replace cable's and line's-Do not go any higher than the Banshee bend. Real tight fit, and they actually bring up the business end of the steering by about .75 " to 1.0". I'm sure I have read a post regarding this, but being barney burnout sometimes is unavoidable.

That would make a good topic " blunder's-what have you done-and then- felt like the guys in the dodge commercial". That thing got a hemi?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Dec 9 2003, 02:11 PM
You could buy a taller steering stem ... but I doubt thats what you want to hear.

Whats wrong with raising the bars how Aussie did it??

other than some kid of spacer, longer stem or higher bend bars I dont know how you would raise the bars. if the bars are new you could exhange them for some CR Hi's or Double Hi's
:stupid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts