YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to beat my buddies banshees they keep selling there raptors and gettin banshees. what all do i have to do to maybe beat them consistently. they are probably goign to be puttin toomeys on them. i just have gytr exhaust gytr foam filter and i want to put a 15 tooth sproket on and the high compression piston and the cam mod of course if i can get good pics and instructions on how let me know thanx :red

·
Registered
634 Posts
Don't put a high compresion piston in, you have to run expensive race gas and you dont need it

with cam mod and a 450 dollar jardine pipe and a 100 dollar K&N airfilter and jeting right you will have 50 horsepower.

then just take off the lights, parking brake you can eat most Banshees all day long.

hi compression piston is not necessary at all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Also depends you your own weight. At 230Lbs I get my butt kicked all the time by all of these tiny guys on 450's and banshees. I always get to hear "hey that banshee is much fast than your 450" until they figure out the kid on the bike weighs a buck 20 soaking wet. Buddy of mine just built a 96HP banshee and weighs about the same as me. At Olds I take him off the line, I take him through the woops when he hits 3rd, he flys by me for a plus 3-8 bike length win :O

At 6.5" I dont feel as if I am too heavy. I refuse to go on a diet and lose weight just so I can go faster up a hill, therefore I only race fat people now :lol . Now all I hear at Olds is "Hey look at that fat guy over there on the Raptor! Go get him!"

·
Registered
181 Posts
I one of my friends has an 02' banshee, Toomey T6's, V Force Reeds, and Pro Flow K&N setup, and I kick his ass everytime in a drag. And he is a more experienced rider,he has about 10 years on me, and about 50 lbs lighter then me. All I have is a GYT-R Aluminium full system, air lid off w/stock filter and jetted. You will not be able to hang with 96hp banshees with my set up, but I have not lost to banshees with just pipes and a few other minor mods.

When I race my friend with the banshee up the hill at Glamis or Gordons, he usually beats be 1 out of every 4 races, but only by 1/2 bike length. I think the cam mod is in my near future, hopefully before Presidents Weekend. :rock

·
Registered
479 Posts
cool post, alot does have to do w/ rider weight though :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tires have a lot to do with it too. I am running 20 x 10 x 10 8 paddle haulers on 10 x 8 rims.

I am running Cam Mod, Sparks, Pro flow K&N, No air box (only thing left are the mounting tabs, the rest is cut away) with 175M, Blue Needle 4th clip, 45P, 2.5 turns, DC-4's and Axis around. I will be trying a 15T front on Presidents Day to see what that will do for me. I have given up trying to beat the "Bling Bling Banshee" as well call it. But all of the others in camp (T5's, Reeds, & K&N's, similar weight riders are no match)

You'll like the cam mod.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
My bike is still 100% stock. Last trip I was able to eat a standard mod raptor and banshee with no problem. By standard mod I mean pipe, filter and jetting. I did get a face full of sand from a so called "bling bling" shee though. :wtf He was coming down Olds by the time I got to the top. :angry

Only three weeks to go before I get my mods... Can't wait... ;)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is cool my buddies just sold raptors to get shee's now i got in my head i might be able to get them with jsut what i got i need that cam mod though. soon as i get really good directions i am doing it

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dude...

your buddies are WACK! They should be gettin YFZ's. I have a friend who's son has a Banshee with Pipes (Fatties I think) Reed CAge, K&N, bigger carbs, etc, and I SMOKED him on flat dirt for 100 yards. That was BEFRORE I had my cam mod done. It was no contest from start to finish, I bet I beat him by 9 or 10 at least. Now 200 yards could be a different story. When we were on the track,
A piped, carbed, filtered banshees' got nothin for you if you set your quad up right.

Maxx

·
Registered
131 Posts
my buddy who had a shee weights 160 and i am 230.. i hardly ever lost while he had his shee... he now has a 450 and has a screen name on here... Crashin450 is his name.. and yes that name comes from past expeirences.. mostly on his shee.. but he did tip his 450 on its side in the first hour of riding it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
where are you guys meeting all these pathetic shame to banshees riders.
I've yet to be beaten by a 450, raced 3 of em, 2 drags on blacktop one in a mx. I can't comprehend how pathetic those shee riders are.
Plus I could put damn near a grand in mods and beat you and still have paid less than you for the quad.

·
Registered
217 Posts
:uhoh ut oh....

I have not lost to a qaud yet... besides a blue 450 with sparks :re

Well, in one race the standing were like this: 100-150 foot race

1st: Yfz (sparks, NOT jetted properly) - 185 lbs rider
2nd:My Yfz (stock) - 130 lbs rider
3rd:Raptor (pipes,filter,jetting ) - 200 lbs rider
4th:Kfx700 (stock) - 300 lbs Muscle builder

And i raced a yz 125 with pipes, reeds, filter and we were even half the time,
the other half he had me by a half bike- bikes length :O

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by daddogrider@Jan 22 2004, 11:19 PM
Don't put a high compresion piston in, you have to run expensive race gas and you dont need it

with cam mod and a 450 dollar jardine pipe and a 100 dollar K&N airfilter and jeting right you will have 50 horsepower.

then just take off the lights, parking brake you can eat most Banshees all day long.

hi compression piston is not necessary at all.
I agree.
We followed Daddogs advise and beat Banshees all day and night long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[/I]I will let you in on a little secret garunteed to work!!!!! This Mod will only cost you $3.00!!!!!

Step 1:Get in your gtp.

Step 2:Take cash to Wal-Mart.

Step 3:purchase a $0.69 FORSALE SIGN

Step 4:purchase a $1.50 Cycle Trader.

Step 5:Go Home and start calling on NICE USED BANSHEES.

Got It Brad!!! :blah

·
Registered
295 Posts
Originally posted by Fireman-Hott@Jan 25 2004, 10:17 AM
where are you guys meeting all these pathetic shame to banshees riders.
I've yet to be beaten by a 450, raced 3 of em, 2 drags on blacktop one in a mx. I can't comprehend how pathetic those shee riders are.
Plus I could put damn near a grand in mods and beat you and still have paid less than you for the quad.
Err...

maybe you haven't come up against a good rider on a 450 yet?

Maxx

Maxx Rocks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok yfz owners RST said go to walmart get a trader put yfz's in it and sell them casue they will never beat banshees anyone disagree???? :stupid

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah shees if you want to drag and dump thousands of dollars in them to drag can be almost unbeatable. Take that same shee have it go through the trails or on a track then go drag, you'll beat it everytime since the damn thing won't start after a ride like that. Now lets be realistic. Stock 450 v"s stock shee. 450 wins. Exhaust to exhaust, 450 wins. Then add air filter set up. 450 wins. Jetted with the rest of the mods, 450 wins. Cam mod...oh wait shee can't get free horse power like that, 450 smokes the shee by 8 bikes or more. Buddie of mine has a shee. dumped about 3000 dollars in it. :O High compression pistons,carb, exhaust, reeds or whatever they are, ect. Only mod he didn't do was big bore or stroked. We raced on concrete second gear roll ons. End result was about 5 bike lenghts behind me and disapointment. He hasn't rode the thing for 2 weeks now. :sup Now say he can't ride. Come on we ride turbo busas and turbo gsxr1000 together and drag racing from roll ons shows the superior bike. Now stroke the shee and big bore then it's a different game and you have twice the money in your bike than we do. Shees are a thing of the past but don't get me wrong there are some fast ones but these things aren't made to go only a straight line. :rock

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by bansheekiller@Jan 25 2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah shees if you want to drag and dump thousands of dollars in them to drag can be almost unbeatable. Take that same shee have it go through the trails or on a track then go drag, you'll beat it everytime since the damn thing won't start after a ride like that. Now lets be realistic. Stock 450 v"s stock shee. 450 wins. Exhaust to exhaust, 450 wins. Then add air filter set up. 450 wins. Jetted with the rest of the mods, 450 wins. Cam mod...oh wait shee can't get free horse power like that, 450 smokes the shee by 8 bikes or more. Buddie of mine has a shee. dumped about 3000 dollars in it. :O High compression pistons,carb, exhaust, reeds or whatever they are, ect. Only mod he didn't do was big bore or stroked. We raced on concrete second gear roll ons. End result was about 5 bike lenghts behind me and disapointment. He hasn't rode the thing for 2 weeks now. :sup Now say he can't ride. Come on we ride turbo busas and turbo gsxr1000 together and drag racing from roll ons shows the superior bike. Now stroke the shee and big bore then it's a different game and you have twice the money in your bike than we do. Shees are a thing of the past but don't get me wrong there are some fast ones but these things aren't made to go only a straight line. :rock
:nono

LOAD IT UP AND LETS RUN UM!!!!BANSHEEKILLER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Originally posted by 04yfz450@Jan 25 2004, 06:57 PM
ok yfz owners RST said go to walmart get a trader put yfz's in it and sell them casue they will never beat banshees anyone disagree???? :stupid
actually, I do disagree... he didn't say sell your YFZ, he said call on some used Banshees.

I don't think anyone on here is arguing that a Banshee could never beat a YFZ, it's just that a Banshee built to that extreme would probably not be as good for "all-around" riding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You sure he dumped 3 grand into the motor and not "bling". There is no possible friggin way he could dump 3 grand into his banshee toword the motor and not beat you in a drag. And yes we can get free Horsepower we can do our own ports, isn't w00ter to do with the aid of a dremel.

Stock for stock a yfz with beat a banshee, but in the end the banshee will always win.
A 15+ y/o quad STILL beating brean new sports 4-strokes. Ya think they lasted this long because quads beat em all the time.
The banshee still dominates the drags, and if youput your money in the right place were you get more usable bottomend power/torque the quick and high reving of the shee will take you in MX.
Race a ported shee with 20cc domes piped, jetted, no airbox K&N with the Trinity CV carb setup AND YOU WILL LOSE! With the CV at 6000 rpms I'm already just about throwing maximum horses with steady gains till 9500.
That means I can shift through my gears in half the length of some of the guys running stock duals that your racing.
Bring it on.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts