YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Ive got an 07 SE and just got it where I wanted it and was ready to ride and enjoy and notice I got a Left upper BJ going out.....crap! I guess it never ends but nevertheless. From what I have read these are NOT replaceable and Im sure that the other ones arent far behind it. Is what I read true? If so what are my options here? After market A-arms? Should I go wider? If so how wide? I do only trail riding and dont wont too wide but I do really like that low and wide stance. I have factory shocks on right but might like to upgrade in the future just to give me something to mod...lol!

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
They are replaceable. Yamaha just does not sell them. They are a bit of a ***** to press in and out. Did mine a few seasons ago. Had spare trashed arms. Took the ball joints out of those.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I had to replace mine upon purchase a few months back, like mentioned below, they were the lower ones. Cracked boots and all. I assumed the uppers were the same. Sorry. I only chimed in because when my Raptor 700 needed ball joints, there were no oem replacements, upper or lower. My bad!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, so where is the best place to buy them? Any certain brand? What tools are needed? I have a shop press.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well which one is it guys? Some say yay and some say nay. This is an 07 carb'd UPPER BALLJOINT.....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
They´re not replaceable as a part. Only as an upper a-arm assembly. The lower balljoints are pressed in and held in place by a snap ring. Those are replaceable, but not the uppers. For the most affordable solution, you´re best bet is to look on Craigslist or eBay or here on the forum. There´s always some stock arms for sale. Keep in mind that the Raptor 700 a-arms will fit your machine, so that opens up the search a little bit. Good luck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, Just need to make sure I get the right color. There like a greyish black off a blue framed 07 SE. I believe my other 07 was silver/grey color like the frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.