YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Baldwin Motorsports Billet Front Hubs for my Raptor 700 (Same hub as YFZ 450). When I tighten the nut on the spindle (even hand tight), the hub is hard to turn. But When I take the nut off it spins fine. So I think that one of the bearings are out that when I tighten it, the damaged bearing goes against the sidewalls or something and stops it from rotating freely. So my question is, do the Baldwin Hubs use the same bearings as stock? I have no stock hubs to look back on because my quad came with these. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
I think the Baldwin hubs have tapered bearings don't they? If so, you don't need the nut to be very tight. Just tight enough that there isn't any play left.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the hub off and attempted to take the bearings out. I put it in the press and put a bit of pressure on it and stopped. Then I put it back on the spindle and it spun great. Musta been a bearing not seated right. Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
QUOTE (Scherping19 @ Feb 17 2009, 10:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747379
I took the hub off and attempted to take the bearings out. I put it in the press and put a bit of pressure on it and stopped. Then I put it back on the spindle and it spun great. Musta been a bearing not seated right. Thanks[/b]
Your welcome, glad it worked out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts