YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When removing the baffle, which bolt do I remove? THe small one at the end of the pipe, or the large one in the middle? I assume it is the small one, but I want to make sure.

Also, when changing to the K&N filter ( I ride in Glamis), is it ok to just use the stock adapter, or is it a must to get the pro design aluminum adapter? I know on the banshee, it was fine to use the plastic stock one modified.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by DigitMXTracks@Nov 22 2003, 11:17 AM
remove the small bolt on the end and the one underneath then slide it out and replace the big bolt underneath
Why do u take out the big bolt???
Just that one on the end, and pull that sucker out.....kinda tuff but itll come out. Then u have nothing to replace.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Try warming it up and get it pretty hot then latch on to it with some vice grips and it should come out no trouble at all

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a stock YFZ. I dont wanna put $$$ into it right now, im gonna save, then buy alot of stuff. My question is: do you have to rejet when taking just the baffle out and how does it sound compared to stock? Thanks. - Bill

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
It sounds good, alot louder, not as good as a pipe, but its free. And yes you should rejet, these bikes are actually too lean straight off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
112 Posts
About the K&N filter. Due to the design of the filter you must have the billet adapter for it to be held in place and function properly. Installation isn't difficult at all. Just remove your airbox and drill out the 5 rivets and mount the adapter with the 5 bolts supplied. Then just clamp your filter on and re-install the airbox. Its definately worth it, you can actually hear it breathing better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts