YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard u need to drill holes or somthin on the silencer... and after doin the cam mod and the baffle out with no AB lid on what should i run for jets.. i am new to 4 strokes and have no idea about jetting them.. any info would be great thanks. :yfz

·
Registered
634 Posts
Cam mod, baffle out no air lid is pilot 48, airscrew 1.5 main needle clip #5 and mainjet 175.

if you get a gytr needle (the stock jet needle for the 450 dirt bike part number CNVQ you put that on clip #4

check the website below for detailed instructions how to jet the needle and main jets

Not many people drill holes, just taking the baffle ought gives you about 70 percent of the power of a pipe. if you look down the baffle hole where the bafffleused to be, at the very bottom there is a wall. some people drill some holes through that wall like 4 1/2 inch holes and that should give you 85% or so of a pipe power a litle more, but will make you louder.

you have to jet then please check the jetting website for the 450

www.eskimo.com/~daddog/index.htm

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man... i heard u were the guy to talk to ... i quess i wont drill the holes... hmf slip on is comin in like a week...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey daddog, I plan on running this on a dyno with aftermarket pipes in the future. I'll let you know, nice site. The only diff with mine is that it has 7, 1/2 holes and more inside the can itself. I cut it up. I like the element of surprise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts