YFZ Central banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 yfz 450 a friend recently bought. The seller said a new clutch was installed into the machine and a cleaned polished and ported head. You can obviously see that somebody has been in the clutch casing. At first, it had no pull to it whatsoever, or idle, you just had to gas it hard, dump the clutch, and take off and it would run great. I assumed the previous owner had everything set and dedicated to race. All that went back to normal after we just adjusted the clutch cable accordingly. I had it on the hardtop and put it into third gear wide open and it changed gears normally with normal power and then slipped out of gear for about a second and then kicked back into gear and hasn’t happened since. It also seems as if I can’t hear or tell when the gears are changing hardly. Almost as if there is possibly delayed inner clutch plate action even after lever and foot work had already been done changing gears. Sounds like the rpm’s hardly go down between gears but yet it will run north of 80 mph. Has a 16 tooth front sprocket as well.

Also when you line the tires up straight, the right side wheel seems bent inward and not in line. Nothing seems to look bent or warped and I’m currently replacing the ball joints, but is there anything else I should look for? Or could the steering stem just need adjusting?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts