YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
Originally posted by Mustache Ride@Dec 1 2003, 05:06 PM
DFR will do the cam mod for you for 50 bucks. sounds like a deal to me. thought i would share.
Dude... it takes only a few simple tools to do the mod. Even if you have no tools, you could buy all you need for $50.00 including a beam-type torque wrench from Sears. It's actually fun to do the mod and you'll be over the "4-stroke mystery" once you've done it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Dec 1 2003, 09:07 PM
Selector, did you ever get your wife's YFZ running?
Yes... one of the shims wasn't where is should have been once I got done exploring. We live and learn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by selector@Dec 1 2003, 03:59 PM

Dude... it takes only a few simple tools to do the mod. Even if you have no tools, you could buy all you need for $50.00 including a beam-type torque wrench from Sears. It's actually fun to do the mod and you'll be over the "4-stroke mystery" once you've done it.
too lazy. and whats the 4-stroke mystery?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Mustache Ride+Dec 3 2003, 03:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mustache Ride @ Dec 3 2003, 03:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--selector@Dec 1 2003, 03:59 PM

Dude... it takes only a few simple tools to do the mod. Even if you have no tools, you could buy all you need for $50.00 including a beam-type torque wrench from Sears. It's actually fun to do the mod and you'll be over the "4-stroke mystery" once you've done it.
too lazy. and whats the 4-stroke mystery? [/b][/quote]
"4 stroke mystery" is thinking that these bikes are too hard to work on.

And if you will bring it by my house with an 18 pack of Miller Lite I will do it for free and we can shoot w00ter while we are at it. Only take me about 20 mins then it about the beer :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Dec 3 2003, 06:39 PM
And if you will bring it by my house with an 18 pack of Miller Lite I will do it for free and we can shoot w00ter while we are at it.  Only take me about 20 mins then it about the beer :lol
Are you going to finish the 18-pack before or after doing the mod?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Well since it only takea a few minutes to do the mod I say I will finish after the mod, but start during. :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by BOB-ON-THIS@Dec 5 2003, 03:26 PM

Its well worth the $50.00
How do you figure?

Its a free mod and should be that way for everyone.

I think that if you can't do it yourself then you don't need to be riding a high performance machine such as this.

Stay on a lawn tractor like a 400EX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump+Dec 5 2003, 06:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pahrump @ Dec 5 2003, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--BOB-ON-THIS@Dec 5 2003, 03:26 PM

Its well worth the $50.00
How do you figure?

Its a free mod and should be that way for everyone.

I think that if you can't do it yourself then you don't need to be riding a high performance machine such as this.

Stay on a lawn tractor like a 400EX. [/b][/quote]
What carb settings and jets do you run at Dumont?

How many turns & what jets sizes work best for you?

Thanks,,- Ross
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump+Dec 5 2003, 06:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pahrump @ Dec 5 2003, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--BOB-ON-THIS@Dec 5 2003, 03:26 PM

Its well worth the $50.00
How do you figure?

Its a free mod and should be that way for everyone.

I think that if you can't do it yourself then you don't need to be riding a high performance machine such as this.

Stay on a lawn tractor like a 400EX. [/b][/quote]
Pahrump,
are trying to insult people with that crap?

Geoff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Dec 5 2003, 07:46 PM

What carb settings and jets do you run at Dumont?

How many turns on the needle, how many clicks on the pin, what jets sizes work best for you?

Thanks,,- Ross
I am not sure about turns on the needle, and clicks on the pin...

But I am running a 175 main, 45 pilot, 4 clip on GYTR needle, and 1.5 turns out on a zip Tie mixture screw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Aussiequadrider@Dec 5 2003, 09:37 PM

Pahrump,
are trying to insult people with that crap?

Geoff.
No I am not, I am just trying to say what I feel, I am not gonna beat around the bush. I think that if you can't do this simple 30 min mod, but want it done, then you don't need it.

This is a high performance machine and if you want even more it will require some wrenching.


But if you took offense then all I can say is don't read it again...


Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump+Dec 6 2003, 09:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pahrump @ Dec 6 2003, 09:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Aussiequadrider@Dec 5 2003, 09:37 PM

Pahrump,
are trying to insult people with that crap?

Geoff.
I think that if you can't do this simple 30 min mod, but want it done, then you don't need it.



Scott[/b][/quote]
More crap Scott.

While I'm sure you are very good at doing this mod in 30 mins, the reality for myself and some others is it would have taken a lot longer, and I do not have the time, and possibly not the right tools so I chose to get my mechanic to do it and some other mods at the same time.

I could offer an opposite view to yours and say that anyone that carn't afford a personal mechanic to do there turning shouldn't have this bike, but that would be just as abnoxious as your comments.

It was a buzz to share a tent at our nationals with Tim Farr and we both had our mechanics doing their job leaving us to do ours.( even if Tim makes me look like I'm stuck in 2nd gear).

Geoff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Aussiequadrider@Dec 6 2003, 01:34 PM

More crap Scott.

While I'm sure you are very good at doing this mod in 30 mins, the reality for myself and some others is it would have taken a lot longer, and I do not have the time, and possibly not the right tools so I chose to get my mechanic to do it and some other mods at the same time.

I could offer an opposite view to yours and say that anyone that carn't afford a personal mechanic to do there turning shouldn't have this bike, but that would be just as abnoxious as your comments.

It was a buzz to share a tent at our nationals with Tim Farr and we both had our mechanics doing their job leaving us to do ours.( even if Tim makes me look like I'm stuck in 2nd gear).

Geoff.
Geoff,

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, or you feel like you stepped on your toes. But there are no "special tools required, and if you don't have an hour to do this then I don;t see how you have time to ride at all.


And as far as having a personal mechanic, well I have never liked the idea but then again I am just a poor working man trying to have some fun and go faster than you "Jones". I really like the feeling and have always of making power with my hands, my own hands. And not just driving/riding someone elses creation. Maybe that sounds stupid to you cause you hang our with Farr, Ellis and so on, maybe even Earnhart JR, and of course none of them do their own wrenching. But I am no pro, and just like to ride and it feels pretty dang good when I beat you rich boys out at the dunes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Originally posted by goodbag@Dec 7 2003, 12:26 AM
I just found out about YFZ central and would like to know more information on the cam mod and how you do it?
do a search on here & youll find several posts about it
welcome to yfzcentral

andy
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top