YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i postion my axle so when i pull a wheelie it goes straight? it always wants to dart to the left so what it the easiest way to adjust this just a little bit? if any one has any pics post them to also.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Check your Tire Pressure... maybe add more to the left side, or less on the right.
Improper Axel alignment would throw your chain alignment off, causing wear to your sprocket and chain.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
:lol :lol :lol

Sorry, but that would be a Three Stooges move... Adjust your axle to the right to compensate for the bike pulling to the left on two wheels. Hmmm, so what happens when you're on all four wheels???? You would have a great right hand turning radius....

Don't mean to bash or anything. just sounded funny to me when I read it. It's something I would do... I think Bansheebob's got your answer with tire pressure...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin@Jan 18 2004, 04:44 AM
:lol :lol :lol

Sorry, but that would be a Three Stooges move... Adjust your axle to the right to compensate for the bike pulling to the left on two wheels. Hmmm, so what happens when you're on all four wheels???? You would have a great right hand turning radius....

Don't mean to bash or anything. just sounded funny to me when I read it. It's something I would do... I think Bansheebob's got your answer with tire pressure...
lol, sorry man, i laughed the first time i read it too! hey man, we are all newbs once in our life!

btw: check the tire pressure - between 3-10 depending on what kinda riding...

sand/yard - about 3-5
xc - 5-7
mx - 8-10

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Originally posted by 04flamedyfz@Jan 18 2004, 12:10 AM
tire pressure is right on next??? :red
Have you added more air in the left tire to compensate. Check Outside tire circumference... Swap your tires, see if you veer to the right.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Axle alignment is not your problem. If the front end is up in the air, the alignment settings would not make much difference, as they are now 90 degrees to the ground. It might make your bike lean a bit while it's in the air, but your direction of travel would be entirely dependent on some of the things mentioned above.

My first couple of guesses would also be tire pressure, as well as the surface you are riding on. Weight distribution might cause it a bit, but I think it would have to be drastic to cause a turn that was fairly sharp.

I'm with Bansheebob, swap your tires. See if it changes. After that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I think you're taking wheelies too seriously.

What's the fascination with ATVs and wheelies anyway?

That's just my own feelings, of course, enjoy your ATV however it pleases you. BTW- I agree with the advice above... I suspect your tires are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts