YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup. Still on the struggle bus with this Axle install. Hopefully this makes sense. Carrier is in. Axle is in place - caliper bracket and c-clip are on. Now it’s time to slide on 2 o-rings and a small collar onto the axle up to the carrier (before the brake rotor assembly is slid on the axle)- this is where I’m stuck

In the service manual it says to slide on the collar first and then slide the o-rings on followed by "Install inside the collar". I am not seeing how I could get those O-rings under the collar if the collar is on first. What am I missing or not understanding?

See the pics below and my comments on them.

Forgive my ignorance this is my first time doing this. Would appreciate anyone who has changed or reinstalled their axle letting me know how they did this part.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If I’m not mistaken there should be two o ring grooves in the oem axle. Install the o rings on the axle slide the collar onto the axle and into the oil seal and then slide the brake rotor hub on then the washer then thread the axle nut on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I’m not mistaken there should be two o ring grooves in the oem axle. Install the o rings on the axle slide the collar onto the axle and into the oil seal and then slide the brake rotor hub on then the washer then thread the axle nut on.
Thanks for the reply @OhioYFZ . That's what I figured (and I did it that way) but WTF... the instructions in the service manual makes 0 sense to me. There arent actually O-ring grooves (like on the carrier) but there is a low spot where they can sit in. Thanks for confirming though. Puts my mind at ease.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yea its silly how a majority of the manual doesn't make sense. Glad it worked out for you.No problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts