YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post but I am a long time reader.
I have been out of the sport for a while, but I recently bouught a YFZ450 and now I need an extended axle. I use to love JP axles but they changed names or somthing a while ago and I cant remember what they are now called. Also if there are any other brands that I should consider let me know. Keep up the good work.

CEO

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
there is only one name you need to know when it comes to axles.....and that would be RPM!

we sell themfor the yfx $409 -10% for you guys

·
Registered
159 Posts
How do you get 10% off of the RPM, i need to get one, i go through lonestars every race, they are JUNK as is everything else ive bought from LSR.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
contact me.... [email protected]
i sell all the parts i get to you guys for 10% off.....which included RPM axles!

·
Registered
21 Posts
ceojab you must have been out of the sport for a while if your remember the old JP Racing. JP used to be one of the best after market frame builders. However when they went out of business-probably 6-7 years ago, Lonestar bought all of their jigs and began making frames.

RPM definitely makes the BEST axle available.

Lonestar's quality is suspect. I saw a brand new Lonestar axle last year that on one end of the axle a Durablue hub slid on easily and was actually loose but on the other end of the axle you had to beat the same hub on with a sledge hammer.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I do not want to knock Lonestar's axles. They are doing the best they can with the constraints of the sprocket hub and brake hub. Those hubs actually have a smaller I.D. (inside diameter) than what we're used to on the 400EX and 250R. That's why they're bending. I've actually bent two of the Lonestars already, one of them beyond recognition...

RPM just got a shipment of swingarms in today back from the heat treater that will allow you run the 250R rear componentry (brake hub/sprocket hub and bearing carrier). This means that you can use the 250R axle, which has a larger O.D. than the YFZ axle. That combined with the superior quality of the RPM axle is a sure bet. The swingarm also features a three year warranty.

If you want an indestructable swingarm/axle setup, RPM is the only choice.

They got a few of them in today, but they are going quick. If you want one, contact RPM at 928-771-9363 and ask for Jeremy. If you'll tell him Brit Mansell sent you, he'll give you a good deal and might be able to get you one out today.

.brit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts