YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sup Need to get a new stronger extended axle that uses the stock components (i.e. hubs, carrier etc.). What do you guys recommend and where should I get one? MX and Trails. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Lonestar has a true lifetime warranty if you buy it new. That's worth a couple bucks.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I have LSR and know people that have had them....never had any problems except one exception....(theres always at least 1 exception..i mean come on)

A guy bought a LSR axle new...no problems. Hit a 70 ft Table top and didnt clear it...it bent...so he sent it back. They called and said the axle bent bc the sprocket hub was bent. He had to buy a new sprocket hub and they 'fixed' the axle. When he got it back, it was still bent. so take it for what its worth :re

·
Registered
304 Posts
i've ran lsr and rpm on past quads. neither gave me a problem so i went with lsr this time. no point is wasting money. go with lsr :rock

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
LSR....... less money for the same warranty

·
Registered
304 Posts
its pointless to pay more for the rpm when it has no advantage. i paid less money and i am covered for life, end of story. if it breaks...new one will be in the mail. if you want to pay more money for the same thing, go for it.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
RPM is the only way to go! LSR has terrible customer service. It it worth the extra money for the service that RPM will give you.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Originally posted by gnc_118@Jan 21 2004, 09:52 PM
RPM is the only way to go!  LSR has terrible customer service.  It it worth the extra money for the service that RPM will give you.
i guess you never read the thread that outlawex posted on exriders about lonestar. they took his broken down, out of warranty, old pos swinger which was found to have flaws and later the design was changed over, and gave him a brand new one...for free. thats more than i EVER seen any other company do for a customer. knowing they got my back if i ever need help sure makes me feel good :woo

·
Registered
374 Posts
I dont know about the strength but the Houser Roundhouse looks very good.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Originally posted by wildman77@Jan 22 2004, 02:37 AM
go with durablue :lol :lol just kidding rpm or lsr is the way to go

andy
i just thought about that....here were are fighting over the two best axles on the market while there is people out there with durablue. this kinda feels like the trx vs. yfz threads, lmao :lol

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I had a Durablue X-33 and I had no problems with it. I have heard some rumors about their lower line axles not holding up though. What about the X-33? Any comments?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts