YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Axis makes shocks for the YFZ yet? I guess im going to get some burgard aarms since they are about the only kind out right now. Also wondering if RPM had axles out yet. Gotta see if i can get this quad set up in time to race the last few this year. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I talked to Terry Racing, he's sent his whole front end out to Axis to have his shocks made.

RPM used my bike to fabricate an axle. The last time I talked to Jeremy @ RPM he gave me a deilvery date of about 6 weeks from right now. They also plan on designing A-Arms and a Swing Arm for the 450. With the swing arm being a 250-R set up (because that's the strongest race set up.) These should be done in about a month.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I hope that Axis doesnt take their sweet time making shocks for these like they have in the past. I know that they measure 10 times and cut once and always turn out a great product. I am going with PEP anyway but I just hope they dont take their sweet ass time.
Isaac

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
im not hating one yall by any reason, but why dont you like the stock shocks? one of the main features of this quad is the fully adjustable suspension, so why not keep it on?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by bunkerking217@Jul 30 2003, 12:12 AM
im not hating one yall by any reason, but why dont you like the stock shocks? one of the main features of this quad is the fully adjustable suspension, so why not keep it on?
because its not good enough for hard racers........ theyre bout as good as works pro series and for the hard racers....... they just dont cut it

·
Registered
625 Posts
it needs progressive front springs. I am going to keep the front shocks I am just going to have the re-worked and re-sprung.
Isaac

·
Registered
58 Posts
Walsh has had our quad for four weeks now, he keeps saying another two weeks :| We have the new PEP shocks coming as soon as Walsh gives him the spec's. Walsh also is using the "R" swing arm set-up. We are getting Hardcore hubs and Honda bolt pattern.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, stock isnt going to cut it, my YFZ isnt getting ridden on an MX track untill i get new suspension on it. I found out the expensive way thats how you break frames. Im not saying the stock shocks arent good enough for mx, im just saying i still manage to break frames in half when im using PEP and AXIS so stock just wont work.

·
Registered
869 Posts
hey guys Santo DeRisi (Derisi racing) is working on a revalve kit for the front and rear shocks. We think he can make the front dual rate. Should ride sweet and be avaliable in a week or so. I will give everyone a full report as soon as mine are done. They should ride as good as any aftermarket shocks but a lot less cost!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whats the price on those, i really like the longtravels, but ive always wanted to try some Derisi shocks, this is for mx too right? or jsut xc?

·
Registered
869 Posts
DeRisi can set up shocks for any style of riding. He sets up Tavis Cain and Chad Lour's for MX and many xc quads

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I get my YFZ next year I'm going to see if PEP can rebuild all three shocks to ZPS.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Originally posted by fast_man58@Apr 9 2006, 06:58 PM
:wtf:  why in the world would you bring this back from 2003?

this is just nuts...
[snapback]407823[/snapback]​

I have mixed feelings on this. I agree that this is an almost 2 year old topic, but they probably found it by doing a search like everyone is always telling new members to do. :icon_neutral:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts