YFZ Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need a lil help... i just installed avs levers, and i noticed that the stock clutch lever has 2 lines going to it, the main clutch line and something else i dont no what it is, and theres no where to put it on the avs clutch lever... and also the parking break, can i still use this? or do i have to scrap that 2?

thanks a million

·
Registered
311 Posts
Have to get rid of the parking break. The second line, are you talking about the cable for the parking break that runs down to your swingarm, or the electrical wire that unplugs?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no not the parking break line, theres another line that connects to the clutch lever it self right under the main clutch line, im not sure if its an electrical line.. i THINK its ment for, so i cant start my bike while its in gear im not to sure tho

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can't remember which method to use but you either disconnect the wire all together from the wiring harness, OR you disconnect the wire from the clutch, Splice the two wires and connect them together. There is an old thread about these kinds of things somewhere about that mod and others that are similar.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so was i right is that what that wire is for, so i cant start the bike in gear?.... ill try to find the thread, any more input will help thanks..

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
yes that is what its for. you just remove it from the bars and unplug it from the harness. Then splice the two wires together

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
wait! you don't have to do that!

just slowly pill that plug from the stop lever. make sure the tabs stay intact and just plug it back in after you install the lever.

i did it to mine and it have never come out.

·
Registered
311 Posts
QUOTE (gas it!! @ Feb 10 2009, 11:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744673
wait! you don't have to do that!

just slowly pill that plug from the stop lever. make sure the tabs stay intact and just plug it back in after you install the lever.

i did it to mine and it have never come out.[/b]
His levers dont have a place to plug it back in. Its a race lever. Gets rid of wiring and a tiny but of weight.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
are you sure there isn't a version of the 5. i thought they had the pro perch and another one in both versions.

i have the 5's and i kept everything. you have to order the right ones. there are 3 different versions.

standard brake
standard clutch
pro model clutch

you have to buy the YFZ 450 specific part #

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
return them and exchange them

ASV is really cool. call them
Tech Support dept. Monday through Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm PST by calling
1-877-278-7000 ext. 123

tell them you bought the wrong ones. tell them you want to keep everything stock on your bars and they will help you get the right ones.

even if the boxes are open they should do it for you.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol when i called to switch them the girl was making fun of me shes like" what do you need a parking break for, you gonna park your bike on the hill and go to the MALL LMAOOOO" but i just decited to keep the ones i have, i got the block off plate was very easy to put in and i cut the wires and tied them together and im good to go.. thanks for the help

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol she just made a joke didnt really laugh at me if that was the case i would have told her to shut her mouth

1 - 18 of 18 Posts