YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04-05 and 06-08 YFZ owners will experience around 1-2 week shipping delay due to the design on the stock steering stem. If you have an aftermarket stem you will not experience any problems. If you have questions give us a call at 270-774-1982

Retail 295.00 (bars & clamp)
YFZcentral members : CALL!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been holding onto these pictures for weeks. I was suppose to get a set before the release date , but I'm running a stock stem and [email protected] is still working on a clamp design that will work with the stock stem, so I missed out.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Stix1107 @ Feb 11 2009, 11:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745208
Lol i thought crash&burn was the only guy selling them

They look really bulky.[/b]

I seen his post I just thought he was a member.

Yeah they are a little bulky , but I think they look good without the bar pad. I'm going to still try out a set. I loved my flexx bars so I'm really dieing to see how they compare. I'm not really brand loyal to any company I like to run what works. If you want a good deal Stix give me a call. I know you'll give an honest review.

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE (YFZ450Racer411 @ Feb 11 2009, 03:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745325
u kno kenneth i got an aftermarket stem man and i have access to other quads with aftermarket stems i coulda tested out the set of bars u coulda got for free :neener:[/b]

Yeah, but he said he wanted someone who would write an honest review. The first requirement of that being to 'write' it. I'm not sure most of us could read your review after you wrote it.

u kno wht i meen?

Hehee :neener:

·
Registered
775 Posts
QUOTE (RockiesYFZ @ Feb 11 2009, 02:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745344
Yeah, but he said he wanted someone who would write an honest review. The first requirement of that being to 'write' it. I'm not sure most of us could read your review after you wrote it.

u kno wht i meen?

Hehee :neener:

:mhihi: well I can type proper to i just like the short versions better lol[/b]

QUOTE (KB Motorsports @ Feb 11 2009, 03:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745362
haha Larry, not for free... However, I'll give you a good deal on a set.[/b]
I just bought flexbars lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
interesting .... they do look bulky though .... im really liking my broom stick though ... and my streamers really give it that extra touch ... ill wait for you to test them ken then wait for some feedback ....

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm really interested in how they do.

Anyone who thinks this is just a photocopy of Flexx bars needs to read up a bit. It's been discussed a few times. Flexx bars aren't the first of their kind. We call this EVOLUTION...

·
Registered
950 Posts
I agree, if everyone made a fuss about other manufacterers copying Yamahas design of a 450 the sport wouldn't be as it is today, companys follow in others footsteps, its just how it is.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
QUOTE (Yammy450 ..♪ @ Feb 11 2009, 07:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745499
I agree, if everyone made a fuss about other manufacterers copying Yamahas design of a 450 the sport wouldn't be as it is today, companys follow in others footsteps, its just how it is.[/b]
I dont disagree with anything thats been said, but Yamaha didnt have a patent on the 450, so the comparision isnt really relevant.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not trying to step on anyones feet, but greese zerks on handle bars.... come on now. What a GIMMICK!
Lets just get back to the basics and stop trying to re-inevent the wheel. Stick with what works and run it.

Oh yeah just to put this into everyones minds.

If you get a set of these suspension style bars and you go to a National and line up next to Chad Wienen or Doug Gust, these bars are going to give you the edge to beat them.... NOT A CHANCE

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE (quadracer905 @ Feb 11 2009, 08:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745510
Not trying to step on anyones feet, but greese zerks on handle bars.... come on now. What a GIMMICK!
Lets just get back to the basics and stop trying to re-inevent the wheel. Stick with what works and run it.

Oh yeah just to put this into everyones minds.

If you get a set of these suspension style bars and you go to a National and line up next to Chad Wienen or Doug Gust, these bars are going to give you the edge to beat them.... NOT A CHANCE[/b]

My understanding is there is a spring system in place of Flexx's rubber baby buggy bumper...so if it's a sliding metal spring system.....you gotta grease it. I wonder how well it seals that grease in on a hot day. Someone buy these and let us know.

·
Registered
328 Posts
you will have greese on your goggles.... jk

In XC racing they will have to greese the handle bars or they might not be as flexable. :strokin:

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (quadracer905 @ Feb 11 2009, 10:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745510
If you get a set of these suspension style bars and you go to a National and line up next to Chad Wienen or Doug Gust, these bars are going to give you the edge to beat them.... NOT A CHANCE[/b]

a lot of guys on here (including myself) would lose even if we had a decked out YFZ450R or YFZ450 with Chad and Doug sharing a 400ex on the track. :clap: :mhihi:

Those guys are fast. The only way your going to beat them is by practice, practice , and some more practice. Did I mention practice? :smile: The atv four play bars where design to save your wrist and to provide "you" the rider with comfort. That's all.

Take Care
Kenneth

·
Registered
453 Posts
Are these things ridiculously ginormous, or are the pics just misleading? ( I noticed one had 'youth', so maybe that throws proportions off??)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts