YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i buy just the athena base gasket? any site sponsers help me out?
i need two base gaskets and one head gasket. or if there is a better way of doing the doubling base gasket thing with the athena im open for ideas

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
QUOTE (Blackedyfz450 @ Feb 13 2009, 10:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746073
Where can i buy just the athena base gasket? any site sponsers help me out?
i need two base gaskets and one head gasket. or if there is a better way of doing the doubling base gasket thing with the athena im open for ideas[/b]

sorry, you cant get seperate athena gaskets... you have to buy the complete big bore gasket kit from them.

i know the head gaskets are different than cometic... but for base gaskets... why not just run an OEM?? im 99.9% sure they are the same.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
QUOTE (Blackedyfz450 @ Feb 13 2009, 12:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746109
the oem gaskets will work on the athena jug? isnt the water jackets bigger?[/b]
as i said.... the head gaskets are different.... but the base gasket cant be..... since you do not modify the case any to install the athena kit...there are no changes there, so i am 99.9% sure the oem BASE gasket would work

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can go to the dealer and buy the oem gaskets indivdually. i had to on mine. i was going to have auto shop hone the head gasket to size but the oem gasket was the same size as the athena.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
you can call cometic and order just the base gaskets, and you can get them thicker if you need to. You can get them in copper or the rubber coated steel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts