YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had pratice at my local tt track and after about 5 laps i started getting arm pump real bad i couldnt give it gas or hold on i tried to drop frot tire psi and set my rebound down 1 and a half turns helped a little. is it my suspension or me out of shape

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
you cant really help arm pump, its probably a combo of both, but mostly you. everyone gets arm pump.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Joester @ Feb 22 2009, 07:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749644
you cant really help arm pump, its probably a combo of both, but mostly you. everyone gets arm pump.[/b]
i didnt have trouble last year but i put lowwering kit on the front . oh and the track was rough they changed the track and we dont start tell 26 of march thats why it rough

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im in the works of building a machine called the armpumper. Haha sounds funny but i had this great idea pop in my head a couple weeks ago and im in the process of building this thing. To put it simpley it will have handlebars and it plugs into your wall, and i might make an air one too. Should be awesome. Not joking either haha. But to make do before i release this thing someday, hit the gym, or buy some dumb-bells. Do different variations of arm curls and forearm rolls. Also get hand strengthners, you know the springs with handles that you squeeze. Or tennis balls work great too. Do some shoulder exercises too with light wieght and plenty of reps. You will still get arm-pump but this will help you get past the fifth lap.

Chris

·
Registered
429 Posts
i dont get arm pump ive road without a precision and i dont think it makes a diff to me.. im an expert at quadcross i can ride with stock suspension to dont feel it. i dont feel any thing till imd one for the moto or practce and heart rate is down

curls and such will help everything ppls aid will but the main thing is work ur thumb actually and movement to ur hand lthat moves those muscles or what ever that go down ur arm. work a tennis ball or such.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Being nervus will cause arm pump quickly too. Ride relaxed and try to stay smooth. It all gets better with more seat time. Trust me. I used to be so nervous i couldnt even go a whole lap without my arms swelling up. And Baier aspirin will thin your blood reducing arm pump also.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I install hardwood flooring and during the day I pick up and move 70lb cartons of hardwood and I the hammer about 5000 times a day. I have never got arm pump and i guess that is why???

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lactic acid is what causes all soreness after any phyisical strain on muscles. Cold showers and massages help releave the lactic acid in muscles, or " spread it out". When i was still playing baseball the trainers taught me this, they "Thumb" rub inbetween the muscles to relieve soreness after pitching, hurts like hell when they dig there thumb into my arm after pitching 7+ innings, but it really does help. So get a motohoe to rub you down after prac. or each heat. haha

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the help i think it could be were i was nerves cause i was praticeing with pros there wasnt anyone from my class there plus they put a 50 foot table jump on the track right out of a hair pin turn about 20 feet but i think that could of been it cause i didnt even pratice jump it just about clear it ever time not good for those lowwer kits one guy found out . mind did good

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (surfsd @ Feb 24 2009, 10:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750379
Lactic acid is what causes all soreness after any phyisical strain on muscles. Cold showers and massages help releave the lactic acid in muscles, or " spread it out". When i was still playing baseball the trainers taught me this, they "Thumb" rub inbetween the muscles to relieve soreness after pitching, hurts like hell when they dig there thumb into my arm after pitching 7+ innings, but it really does help. So get a motohoe to rub you down after prac. or each heat. haha[/b]
how much those motohoes cost ? lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with the poster that said it improves with seat time. I rode nothing but trail (rocks, timbers, etc all over the place) with hair pins everywhere and decent stretches. stop and go with turning will kill your arms, but when you feel that you're to the point of no return or losing control, just slow down and keep pushing yourself. You'll gain muscle memory fairly quickly.

As for the guy who hits 5k nails a day? Yeah, that's why you never have arm pump - your arms are used to a lot more stress than riding a four wheeler wide open. ;) That or you just aren't riding hard enough.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts