YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running an LSR axle and am pretty happy with it. I'm pretty much a duner and sometimes trail rider (no mx) so I don't think I'm stressing my equipment out to much. I've been reading a lot of posts on these boards about people bending LSR axles like crazy, and have seen many for sale - also some people calling into question LSR's quality control.

If you've had any experience, good or bad, please let me know - even just a couple of words - they suck / they're great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replys. I've always thought LSR made good equipment, which is why I run their axles and A arms. I was concerned that I might have been hearing about a new problem that was now just surfacing becuase all the stuff is so new.

RPM does come up a lot as well in response to my question - good info.

Thanks to all.....

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
ordered a LSR this week and had a LSR on my Z...... lifetime warranty and hit sum [email protected]$$ jumps, and cased them, and didnt bend the axle

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by Extremeracer167@Nov 28 2003, 01:16 PM
Lonestar has an updated and much better warranty now also with their new axles.  RPM is also a very good axle.  Both are same quality
Extremeracer,

I don't want to step on any toes and I don't want to bring down LSR's products. They make good stuff, really good stuff, but over the years I've had much better luck with the RPM components. I've already bent three LSR axles on my YFZ. I recently switched to RPM's 250R-style carrier/swingarm and Dominator I and Dominator II axles (for the 250R). I have pounded this RPM axle to no extent and it is still in perfect condition. On the LSR's, twice, on two different axles, I bent them on the first moto on the track.

RPM uses a much higher grade steel than LSR, and it shows in the quality of their products. RPM can't be beat.

Here are the pics of my swingarm setup: http://www.terryracing.com/stockimages/rpm%20swinger

Please don't take this as me saying you're wrong, just a different view.

thanks,
.brit

·
Registered
465 Posts
so if you use a rpm axle do you have to use different brake and sprocket hubs. please explain exactly what else i would need if i went to a rpm axle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have had finish problems with my lsr stuff and poor fitting components. I don't like the stuff. It is not much fun calling either. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
My LSR came in this today for my YFZ.......... ill let you kjnow how it does when i use it

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by herb@Dec 4 2003, 08:10 PM
so if you use a rpm axle do you have to use different brake and sprocket hubs. please explain exactly what else i would need if i went to a rpm axle.
RPM offers two setups for the YFZ.

The first setup uses all of the standard YFZ components. You will not need anything besides what came on the quad to use this setup. This will still be stronger than all of the other YFZ axles on the market.

The second setup is a lot more serious. It starts with the most durable swingarm ever built (seriously). This swingarm uses a 250R bearing carrier. This allows you to run the 250R axle, which features a larger outside diameter than the YFZ axle. The larger O.D. will help keep the axle from bending. Switching to this setup will require a new brake hub and axle lock nut. I chose to go with the Anti-Fade setup due to the durability and heat dissipation. You will also need a 250R rear brake disc. The 250R axles come with the sprocket hub pressed on already. This is the setup I have on mine, and it is the best I've seen for the YFZ.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

.brit

·
Registered
98 Posts
Brit,
No offense taken. I like hearing differant stories so i know what goes on outside of my area.

We are a Lonestar Distributor, so this will prob. sound like im trying to push there products. But to be truthful with you, ive heard many stories on LSR products. FORTUNATELY i have yet to have any products come back to our shop from unhappy customers. Ive ran LSR axles for a while now, and havent had any problems as of yet. This will be my 3rd axle of theres.....one on each of the 3 quads i previously owned. I had a LSR swingarm and a-arms on one of my previous quad and they held up fine also. Except for the powdercoating, but thats nothing major. Like i said in my previous post, both axles TO ME seem to be of the same quality. Ive seen RPM axles, and ive seen LSR axles, both are high quality products. I guess it just depends on what kind of money you want to spend. The RPM is slightly more expensive, especially with the setup Brit had mentioned earlier. All in all, i dont think you could go wrong with either product.

Extreme

1 - 13 of 13 Posts