YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could the people who actually have/ have ridden a YFZ with TC Shorty answer a few questions for me.

1) How loud is it if any idea? Is it louder then most other pipes?
2) Did you like the big gain in Low/Mid
3) If I bought the TC would I be able to switch silencer to another maybe lil quieter pipe w/ spark arrestor for riding parks?

I really want this pipe for racing but am concerned about the loudness and lack of a spark arrestor and am not sure what I should do. I heard the TC pipe has awesome low-mid hp gain. ANyone know if I could switch between the silencers if I bought the TC pipe and say an HMF can w/ quiet core or like a WB exhaust.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've been around ATVs with the TC short pipe and let me tell you it's obnoxiously loud! If you're concerned about the sound levels at all, this is definitely not the pipe for you. The ATVs that used these pipes were all-out MX ATVs at the motocross track. I suspect these guys don't use their ATVs anywhere else but the track.

I don't want to discourage you from using this pipe, if you're riding your ATV under the right circumstances, but again, this is the loudest pipe you could possibly imagine.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i have not ridden one....... but have heard and seen one in use......... it is VERY loud like mentioned above........ and i also saw it pull the holeshot on 2 other YFZs....... one had a Big Gun and the other had a Sparks...... it is definitely a good MX pipe....... but probably only good for that if your environment has noise level things

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just put my TC pipe on last weekend and followed his settings. I got huge lo/mid range gains and boy does it pull... The downside, as previously mentioned, it's loud!! Almost have to ride with earplugs...

I won't know how much power is gained until I run it against similar bikes. But my initial feeling is good.

I use mine strictly for racing. It only takes 1/2 hr. to change back to stock if you want to trail ride.

PM me if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
519 Posts
You say you almost need to wear earplugs while riding with the TC pipe?? I want loud but nothing that will piss off everyone and have the cops after me . Where can I find a pic of the TC short pipe?? I know I seen it somewhere but I cant seem to find it anymore.

·
Registered
651 Posts
TC Engines

I have had my TC-silencer only-on since the end of september. The performance is insanely satisfying. I get the holeshot 99% of the time. I talked to Tom for about a week before buying it and it is the best engine performance mod I have bought to date outta all my machines. You do not have a spark arrestor option and the noise is irritating at first.(to owner- I don't know if the competition behind you will ever like it) I pity the people behinde a machine with one. This pipe would be best suited to mx tracks and (if noise levels were not an issue) advanced trail riding. If you are worried about pissing people off or attracting cops,avoid this pipe. It will likely tick off anyone who dislikes noise in a 2 mile radius. It would not be a very good pipe IMO for dragracing. It does have great intimidation qualities for phyching out your competition and your machine will never be droned out by another so you can always here exactly what your doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts