YFZ Central banner

Anyone use the GYTR Clutch Basket and press/plate

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  pahrump 
#1 ·
Yamaha offers the GYTR clutch basket and gytr pressure plate $350.00 for both.

Anyone use them, waddaya think??? Worth the extra bucks???

#3 ·
Originally posted by detroityfz450@Feb 21 2004, 05:27 PM
dont forget the hub too......

i have all three but havent installed yet i plan on weighing them to see how much lighter if any. but the gytr are like and should be stronger and have extra oiling holes for clutch i believe but i could be wrong have to see when i tear down.
You're right about the oiling holes, and rumor is it cluttches far smoother than stock, and gives more bite to the drivetrain=more power to the rear wheels.

Anyone else???

#4 ·
I have all three sitting here and meant to put them on when I installed the kicker but git in such a hurry that I forgot.

They look to be built very well and detroit is right, there are alot more oiling holes which I am sure will help.

Did you get my PM detroit?

#6 ·
try checking out daddogs site and the kickstart install. they remove the clutch pieces in the video and you will see what your up against.

I have all three as well and should have them installed NLT this weekend and will give a report once proper testing has been initiated.

I too am doing mine along with kickstart install. been waiting on a few more parts so i only tear it down once :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.