YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Have you taken your rear plastics off and looked for any stress marks, or chips / flakes in the paint where it might have stressed it? also check out our plastic tab mounts, cause if they are tweaked alittle, then it will make your plastics look lopsided on the frame.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
and check ur tires

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tires are fine, you can tell its not them. It is not just the plastic. Something with the frame and/or swingarm is definetly messed up. We were looking at it and could not tell. I took it to the dealer and they at first said the swingarm looked bent, but they could nto believe the swingarm would bend but not crack. Anyways they said they would look at it do some measures ments and let me know what htey find out. If it is osmething serious Yamaha better warranty it. That YFZ has NEVER been flipped at all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hey I just noticed those handlebars are the Ape Hangers? Are you going for the West Coast Chopper look? :lol j/k But They are a high bend.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
It could be the aluminum sub frame. I noticed the other night that With my wide PRM grab bar i can grab it and twist the sub frame back in forth. It doesnt seem very rigid.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ@Sep 16 2003, 01:23 AM
It definitely looks crooked to me. The grab bar doesn't even look straight.
It is either a twisted swingarm or the upper frame rail. At the dealer I was talking with them for an hour and they measured both the back frame brackets at the same spot and on the right side it was half inch lower than on the left.

·
Registered
106 Posts
id say subframe they look weak!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine looks worse then that one, but my swing arm is now cracked on top just above the shock mount on the
solid crossover. My quad sat 2'' higher on opposite side before the the swing arm cracked. I wounder if that had something to do with it. Wow first the clutch now a swing arm. These bikes are not holding up to the hard core MX Racing. At least not mine. :angry

·
Registered
983 Posts
bob show us a pictue of that crack. am curious

YFZ put the subframe of the blue one on the red one and see if it changes

·
Registered
634 Posts
You still have your baffle in ?!?
Have you raced or jumped it?
looks kind of stock.

Just tell them you need a new subfram, and hurry up you gotta go driving.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea my baffle is still in, I am going to wait until my warranty is up so I do not void it. Also Silver lake checks for spark arrestors so yea...

Yea I have jumped it:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
JMO...from the jump pics and that pics with the lines....do this....

put a stand under your swingarm to get it off the ground, crank it, and shift into gear, get someone to gas it while you look at it from the rear, and check if the axle is bent... its suppose to be thicker than the raptors and the guy on Huevos 5 flew his stock raptor w/o axle twice that high and i dont think his is bent, but you never know.... :re

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by bunkerking217@Sep 16 2003, 11:39 PM
JMO...from the jump pics and that pics with the lines....do this....

put a stand under your swingarm to get it off the ground, crank it, and shift into gear, get someone to gas it while you look at it from the rear, and check if the axle is bent... its suppose to be thicker than the raptors and the guy on Huevos 5 flew his stock raptor w/o axle twice that high and i dont think his is bent, but you never know.... :re
We checked its not the axle, the axle would not make everything lean to the right. O just a correction on Huevos 5 that Raptor did have an aftermarket axle. THat was the only thing done to it was an axle, if you watch behind the scenes shit they talk about it.

Daddogrider I have not raced that YFZ but the one sitting next to it I have and that frame is fine. Still have not heard from the dealer but will let you all know as soon as I do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
mine was crooked when i took it home from dealer not as bad as yoursbut still crooked i took it apart and the rear subframe is kind of adjustable so if you take all the plastic and stuff off you can see where it bolts to the frame and loosen those big allens up and adjust i bet this will help after i did it i loctited those bolts and hasn't moved yet, maybe that helps :yfz

1 - 20 of 20 Posts