YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have seen many of the pro bikes and they have reloacted their key. As Ellis lost a race ado to him knocking the key to "OFF". So have any of you moved it,and got pics?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Personally i was thinking about removing it. I am very paranoid that i will forget it. Everyting i go out to ride, I instrcuted the misses to always ask me if i have the quad key with me :re

·
Registered
971 Posts
i ziptied my switch to the frame just under the fenders kind of hidden but still easly accessable just remember to turn it off if you do away with your key you will still have to have a switch to kill power to the the ignition and cdi or it will kill the battery

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
How did ellis hit the key? i have never come close. i am mounting the black box for the switches on the frame in the front where the light goes to clean up the bars.

·
Registered
304 Posts
just trash the key all together if your that concerned about bending your knee over backwards and turning your quad off with it.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7@Feb 17 2004, 09:24 AM
just trash the key all together if your that concerned about bending your knee over backwards and turning your quad off with it.
:stupid

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think you can trash the key. I think the key serves a purpose so thats why i just want to relocate it and not pitch it. Im thinkin if i just took the key off,then there will be a charge constantly and that will kill battery. So im thinkin the key is there to stop the travel of juice.

It is very easy to hit the key switch. If you are an Mx person you know that ur body gets thrown in weird spots when you are riding hard and fast and that the key can be a factor . I know this for a fact as i have had my knee hit the key but not turn the key while riding. Not every race can be a smooth ride, all what it takes is for u to get bucked up and hit the key with your feet.

But removing the key is not in consideration. I must keep that part this is why i made the post just to re-locate it. I did move the light switch set up to clean the bars up as well.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
You need to have both switches on to complete the circut. If one is on but the other is off it should not drain your battery. I've left my key on for weeks at a time while my bike sits in my trailer, and I go out there turn the "switch" on, and it still fires right up. And Ellis is a tall SOB (like 6'2 or so) and he moves all over the bike....luck of the draw that he would hit his knee on the key and it cost him 2 grand......the next day his key was GONE :lol

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya im about 6' my self. I dont want to get rid of the key for security reasons. Family members like to hop on my toys when i aint here . The kkey isnt much but it does help re-knob ppl for taking the time to try to ride it. But i want to re-locate it for race reasons. Is there any plugs that ppl are using to fill in the old kep hole?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I RELOCATED MY KEY ALSO TO THE FRAME WITH SOME ZIP TIES AND ELECTRICAL TAPE. VERY EASY TO GET TO AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THE HOLE. LIKE SAID BEFORE IT AINT A LEXUS. A PLUG FOR THE HOLE PFFF HHAHAHA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts