YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 yfz450r with just hmf slip on and cant find a map that works good enough or solves my bog issue off pc5 website. Tried various maps off website and none help the bog issue i have at low rpm. Still learning pc5 software and want to see if anyone else has similiar set up that may work. Also possible accel settings. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
801 Posts
I had a PC5 and had it dyno tuned by a reputable builder and we couldn’t get rid of the bog. Switched to a Vortex and never had any further issues. I hope you have better luck than I did.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, i have been going crazy about buying the vortex and just selling the pc5! Just dont know if its something with my quad i cant figure out or the tune so its been a hard debate. The pc5 is not as easy for beginners and i think the vortex would be alot easier to adjust. Just praying if i spend the $700 it will fix my quad that stumbles like shit at low rpms and throttle response..it did this bone stock also and even after changing maps while stock it didnt do anything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Btw was your "bog" just in throttle response or low end stumbling? Can u describe some of the symptoms? Want to get an idea if mine has the same "bog" as all 450rs do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts