YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I herd dr d was very good pipe considering it was the best for the dirtbike. also i herd that it puts out almost as much as the other pipes with out a header? please post any info on this exhaust system. is it more of a low end pipe or a drag pipe....(i want low end) otherwise im going to go with a pipe business thats been in for a long time like fmf tu 4 sl

·
Registered
453 Posts
GO DR. D you wont be dissapointed believe me :rock

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking about it but i need to know a few things like noise level if it comes with a header and a price. i want to put a full system on there not just a slip on. so a few things to that factor.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
if you want low end the Thunder Alley w/ the extended header will be the best. if you want more of a drag pipe get the ESR.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i know thunder alley i juss dont feel comfertable with sending cash check or money order. im not saying he would but anyone can do it and have ripped people off. i would have a thunderalley on my bike as we speek if he did cod or credit card. so there for i have to find a substitute

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by freestyln yfz450@Feb 28 2004, 11:00 AM
yes i know thunder alley i juss dont feel comfertable with sending cash check or money order. im not saying he would but anyone can do it and have ripped people off. i would have a thunderalley on my bike as we speek if he did cod or credit card. so there for i have to find a substitute
i felt the same way too. what i did was send a letter with all of the info (price, product, my address, etc...) and made 2 copies. i sent 1 with the check and tracked it while it was shipping. call bob. he is a great guy. we talked for awhile and he was calling me by name. i would find it hard to believe that bob would ever screw someone.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone think that a nother aftermarket header would work with the doctor d slip on?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Check ebay for the DR. D slip-on. There is a whole write-up on the pipe & the creator Doug Dubach. DR. D worked in the R&D dept for Yamaha for years & designed the pipe
for the YZ/YFZ... There is no header pipe because DR. D claims that no performance #'s could be gained from the stock unit. Also, they go for approx $300 - $310 at the Checkered Flag & claims 5hp w/ 20 ftlbs. :O

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes will i think a fmf powerbomb header will do some # in difference wut do you all think.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i think a sweet setup would be a TC header and a dr.d slip-on.
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts