YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about picking up an lrd pro 4 for my yfz 450. I tried the search and all i found was a few posts about them cracking and not being very durable?? Is this common ?? How about power?? Overall thoughts on the pipe..my main reason is that they are for sell on ebay for 400 for the whole system.. thanks.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
my frend has one on his TRX, but the ballistec (better then the regular pro 4) and it pulls hard. Much like mine but mine goes faster :mhihi:

ive never heard about them cracking, his has stodd up pretty well. And i think they look pretty cool.

eh ah Donovan, werent you gunna buy wheels? lol

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 13 2009, 11:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746375
my frend has one on his TRX, but the ballistec (better then the regular pro 4) and it pulls hard. Much like mine but mine goes faster :mhihi:

ive never heard about them cracking, his has stodd up pretty well. And i think they look pretty cool.

eh ah Donovan, werent you gunna buy wheels? lol[/b]
haha..thanks for the info...guess you caught me..

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
haha no prob man

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 13 2009, 11:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746375

eh ah Donovan, werent you gunna buy wheels? lol[/b]
oh, btw, what do u think of the hmf??i always kind of felt like it was a midgrade pipe...not saying it is..they just always seem to be for sale everywhere so that was the impression i got..

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
my HMF is absolutely awesome. I have the Ironman which is made for top end and its just a night and day difference. The Sport series is for an all around gain and the Ballance series is made for bottom end. It is put together very well and it still sounds good after like 8 months without any packing being replaced at all. Comes with a spark arrester so the fish cops cant get ya but it is rated for 102-104DB which is a lil loud for some riding areas. Deffinitely reccomend any of the HMF pipes.
I used to think they were just loud obnoctious pipes that give you slim to none power gains, but i was totally proven wrong.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have the LRD Pro4 slip on, I had to ream out the hole on the silencer. It didn't fit right, but it sounds great and looks awesome. I think it improved the low to midrange.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i had one on my old raptor 350 and liked it. it fit good, and sounded even better. the only thing on those pipes is the paint comes off after just a couple washes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE (Donovan @ Feb 14 2009, 01:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746371
Thinking about picking up an lrd pro 4 for my yfz 450. I tried the search and all i found was a few posts about them cracking and not being very durable?? Is this common ?? How about power?? Overall thoughts on the pipe..my main reason is that they are for sell on ebay for 400 for the whole system.. thanks.[/b]
My 450 and my 400EX both have a full system, and I haven't had any issues. I had a big gun system on my 450 before I switched over and was very impressed with the quality, and power increase.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I will chime in here since I am a Big LRD fan. LRD is a local shop for me and I love those guys, especially their engine builder. Great customer service too. I've run the LRD pro 4R and found it was an awesome system. It is a hair loud here for Oregon since we have strictly regulated DBs, other than that I thought it was great overall. Good power gains, great craftsmanship and hands down customer service, especially if you talk to Jamie.

$400 seems a little high for a pro 4, especially off of ebay. I can get you a Pro 4R full system for about the same price from them if you are interested? stainless full system with ballistic coated silencer. Shoot me a PM if you are at all interested.
Great investment in my opinion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts