YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accidentally posted this in the wrong forum.

I just purchased the following for my 14' YFZ450R;
FCI Intake w/box
Full Barkers exhaust
Vortex programmer
AIS delete kit

In what order should I install those items and is there anything special I need to know about the installs? Any certain mapping I should go with for the Vortex to start off? My current elevation is around 1000 to 1100 feet running 91 octane. Also ordered House Pro Bounce nerfs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Really doesnt matter which order you start with id personally start w the ais delete kit then the fci then the pipe then the programmer then the vortex should have a bunch of preloaded maps hopefully the directions say the details of each and just match the map best w the mods you have
Someone w a vortex and similar mods can hopefully chime in pn a map selection i have a msd so not too familiar w the vortex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really doesnt matter which order you start with id personally start w the ais delete kit then the fci then the pipe then the programmer then the vortex should have a bunch of preloaded maps hopefully the directions say the details of each and just match the map best w the mods you have
Someone w a vortex and similar mods can hopefully chime in pn a map selection i have a msd so not too familiar w the vortex
Thats the order I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. It seems like it would be the easiest. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
613 Posts
GOOD CALL! I promise you I will do that as soon as it all done.
I ordered my Vortex yesterday. Hope it works out! And I guess I don't technically have the BIG3 with me just having a K&N filter. But it sounds like your setup should rock!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have the same setup and I would install just as already explained. I'm roughly around the same elevation and I use map 9 with the lo-5 mid-6 hi -7. When it was warmer out I was riding with the hi-6. I like it. Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same setup and I would install just as already explained. I'm roughly around the same elevation and I use map 9 with the lo-5 mid-6 hi -7. When it was warmer out I was riding with the hi-6. I like it. Good luck
Just the man I wanted to talk to! I saw that you had the same set up and was gonna see if you had any pics of the install and what you would recommend. If you do have pics, mainly of the the FCI, would you mind emailing them to me? I'm interested to see how others have done the install. How do you like the setup? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I had to remove the top bolt on my left side/shifter side subframe and shorten the bolt 3 threads because it was causing my FCI not to align properly. Strip your plastic and get to it. You might pull your exhaust then pull and install your FCI. Then do your AIS Delete next exhaust then finally programmer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The AIS delete and exhaust arrived so I went out and installed them this afternoon. The AIS is a pain in the ass with the crappy directions and pictures that GYTR provided. The exhaust was a breeze and went on without any problems. Total time for both was about 2 hours, 1 1/2 of that was for the AIS delete and removing all the plastics and the tank. The exhaust sounds great! The rest should be here at the end of the week and I will get to it with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.