YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen a review on ITP Dune Stars and they claim these paddle tires are the best of both worlds, hill climbing and dune riding. I want a paddle tire that performs in sand drag races (up hill) and also allow me to slide the rear end around easy.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Get a hauler dude...nothing compares. When you want to goof off just add a little more air pressure. You wont regret it.

·
dippy doodle
2,801 Posts
The dunestars are for sport quads to. One of the last dirt wheels had a bad a$$ raptor 700 with the dune stars on the front and back. I have them for the front. They work really good. I don't have the back ones but I want them. They said the back ones are good for climbing hills and curving bowls. They are like the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
260 Posts
dont buy dune stars!!!! they are sh!t, i bought some and sold em' as soon as i got home from winchester, then bought some 7 paddle skat-trak extremes, dune stars- 1/10 for a rating...

·
Registered
425 Posts
ran dune stars on a z400 rental. they hooked up nicely got me up some big hills (china wall at glamis and i'm 225 lbs) duned really nice as well side hilling was nice. if you see yourself as a hard core dragger you'll probally prefer haulers and just run at 6-7 lbs for duning.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats the biggest difference between Haulers and Extremes? is it possible to spin doughnuts in the sand with straight paddles? Thanks for all the input from everyone.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
it is but its hard, i got AMS Aerospeeds and there a pretty straight paddle design. When you give er the big onion it like to wheelie more then turn, hence the STRAIGHT design.

·
Registered
260 Posts
extremes last longer and are more wider than haulers, go with 21" haulers, extremes, or sand stars

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
if i were to buy again i would get 18 inch sand stars

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
not for me

my dunes are like narrow technical hills that you need pullin power, not top speed.

I usually leave the racin to the bashees runnin on alcohol lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
there aint no glamis or pismo up here lol

its like maybe 1000 acres? if that?

and the closest dunes around here is st. anthony's, a 14.5 hour drive :icon_eek:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know the weight of the Extremes, Hualers and ITP Dune Stars?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Its possible to spin donuts in the sand if you change your front tires to a dual rib or single rib, I found it difficult to spin donuts when my front tires were knobbies and my back were hauelrs.

QUOTE (Gerard @ Feb 11 2009, 03:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745389
whats the biggest difference between Haulers and Extremes? is it possible to spin doughnuts in the sand with straight paddles? Thanks for all the input from everyone.[/b]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts