YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really interested in buying one of your exhaust systems for my YFZ450. My dilema is that I live in southern California where the new 96db rule came in to play January 1, 2003. Also I'm pretty sure it needs to be an approved spark arrestor.

Will your exhaust system for the YFZ450 meet the California state and U.S.F.S. requirements?
Any answer you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
:sup We live in Southern Cali also, 99% of our riding is done at the dunes (Glamis and Dumont) I'm holding off on a pipe until I hear how BLM will uphold the sound restriction law...
IMO, I think the local BLM personnel’s who are actually stationed at the dunes seems to be more open minded than the ones who are "On-loan" from other areas. I have talked to them and I get a Feeling of “Hey, I didn’t want to be here in the first place so I’m going to take it out on YOU!” here’s your Ticket…. Have a Nice and wonderful day.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you add the removable quiet core insert you should have no problem with decibel testing.

Our spark arrestors are made to forestry specs but we have to submit some drawings and paperwork with a giant check to gain their stamp of approval. That should be clear in the next few months.

Joe/HMF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts